+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Vegas Week Discussion *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Vegas Week Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I just read how Tim Hockenberry is a rather seasoned singer already. He's recorded 3 albums, has toured with Trans Siberian Orchestra - they're the ones who's music was used in that viral video of the house with Christmas lights set to music electronically.
    Personally, I wasn't impressed with him....mostly because he's just a Joe Cocker-wannabe....I like original acts. We already have Joe Cocker so who needs another.
    This is from the America's Got Talent News site.
    Exclusive: Tim Hockenberry Before 'AGT' | AGTNews.com
    Yes I heard about this a few weeks back shortly after his audition episode aired. But I don't think this will affect him, unfortunately. If he wins it's going to be another obvious one, and I get to again express my disappointment with these shows and the voters.

Last night on our news channel, we had a short interview with Poe and the controversy shown (he doesn't live near us but in the same state).

Poe was sobbing and upset about the controversy and said he put it on there because he expected to get a Purple Heart but didn't.

Um... an injury like this his CO would've sent in the forms and he'd gotten it by now. It would've come to him regardless for the injury. Still sounds suspicious - his stuttering in the VOSOT sounded like it was just from the sobbing.

I know I sound mean, but honestly he'd been better off not mentioning that personal story even if pressed. A mystery would've worked a lot better here.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Posting again about how Dave Burleigh was robbed. I mean, they put both bike stunt groups through when they really should have just put one, and now they have zero impressionists.
    I agree to a point: I liked the BMX'ers.

I hate he was eliminated over Horse, who thinks he is built like one but in reality will probably never have kids with these stupid stunts that make some of the "Jackass" ones seem sane IMHO. (and yes, that correlation is a stretch).
    Jezebella likes this.

Well, Turf made it. Seriously, the pimping for him this episode was more than I've ever seen before. Starting with that long intro featuring nobody but him all the way to the end.

Yay at Scott Brothers and David Garibaldi making it though.

Well, Turf made it. Seriously, the pimping for him this episode was more than I've ever seen before. Starting with that long intro featuring nobody but him all the way to the end.

Yay at Scott Brothers and David Garibaldi making it though.
    I agree - makes you wonder if they're trying to pimp him over some singers this year (or frankly just anyone but a singer winning this year). Seriously - There is only so much he can do with the show though and his contortionist act.

As far as the acts - I agreed with most of those advancing overall. The juggler was cool, but all it is is juggling 5-7 items that were lite from inside and wearing some wrist lasers. I was REALLY glad to see the aerialists advance (as I think they can still do more with the performance, as I was that young tap dancer (even though I don't know if I want her to win if only because of the Las Vegas show prize and her young age). And I loved the aerialist.

The circus group blew it - I almost went "huh" of the point of the weird Kabuki number a few weeks ago.

Oh and I am glad the dragon/tiger dancers are in - though I don't know if we got to see them perform or not.

Some cases, I really go with the judges and say "there's so much talent" such as the kids. I'd much rather have had them take away slots from certain genres and go to the kids if there were not enough strong performances to fill that genre seriously.

This holds true in the cases of a spot going to a guy who will eventually become sterile and possibly kill himself if he keeps hitting himself in the crotch. It's disgusting it's clearly NOT AN ACT THAT WILL WIN, and really... makes me just irritated with the judges.

I think Big Barry's a worse yes than Horse. Neither will make it past the quarterfinals. Not a chance.

I liked Michael Nejad's (the guy who did Lady Gaga with those nails or whatever) performance here, and I'm happy he's through. John Pizzi isn't even funny imo. Glad he's gone. See ya. No surprise that almost all the acts they didn't show in the auditions got eliminated here. Glad to see Lindsey Norton and Elusive go through. I was a bit surprised that all the rappers got the boot, including both Granny G and Burton Crane.

I'm glad the aerialists are through as well. Like I mentioned earlier, I first saw them on the first Britain's Got Talent and they're not disappointing here either so far.

I think Big Barry's a worse yes than Horse. Neither will make it past the quarterfinals. Not a chance.

I liked Michael Nejad's (the guy who did Lady Gaga with those nails or whatever) performance here, and I'm happy he's through. John Pizzi isn't even funny imo. Glad he's gone. See ya. No surprise that almost all the acts they didn't show in the auditions got eliminated here. Glad to see Lindsey Norton and Elusive go through. I was a bit surprised that all the rappers got the boot, including both Granny G and Burton Crane.

I'm glad the aerialists are through as well. Like I mentioned earlier, I first saw them on the first Britain's Got Talent and they're not disappointing here either so far.
    Yes, Michael Nejad's performance with the dulcimer created on a wheelbarrow and then the stringed instrument made from the shovel was beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of Lady Gaga (the song BTW was "Bad Romance") but if he had a CD of music including that one, I'd buy it in an instant. He may not go far but I will admit that I really do like his music.

Oh and speaking of music, I was glad the nice suit band made it through. They were good and deserve a chance.

The only issue I had with the aerialists though was that sheer nude gear - little too sheer IMHO.

Turf may have performed better than Stepz, but I'm already sick of him. The gymnastic dancer is captivating to me, but then again, I'm a former gymnast. Nejad's performance was wonderfully quirky, which is a word I generally don't like to use but will make an except for here.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I agree, and I hope you are right about them getting an early boot. I didn't think there was a chance they would be chosen to go to New York, so I'm a little worried they will be kept around for awhile.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Yes, Michael Nejad's performance with the dulcimer created on a wheelbarrow and then the stringed instrument made from the shovel was beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of Lady Gaga (the song BTW was "Bad Romance") but if he had a CD of music including that one, I'd buy it in an instant. He may not go far but I will admit that I really do like his music.

Oh and speaking of music, I was glad the nice suit band made it through. They were good and deserve a chance.

The only issue I had with the aerialists though was that sheer nude gear - little too sheer IMHO.
    Re the bold: YES, I agree. Much too sheer. I am glad they made it through.

I might be in the minority, but I am glad that Turf made it through. I may not like what he does, but that kid deserves a chance to get noticed/discovered. I hope he can make a career out of it, at least for a few years. I can't imagine that you can do what he does for too long a time. He is very likeable.

Hockenberry is the only singer I like, but I don't want him to win. That goes to Earth Harp guy. He is my pick and don't usually pick a fave so soon. I do wonder how different he can be each week though inside of a studio. Unless he is able to set up the harp on different buildings/structures in New York. I just love what he does.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast