+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Vegas Week Discussion *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Vegas Week Discussion *SPOILERS*

No, Andrew was the goth opera singer. So he did get eliminated? I'm a bit surprised. But it was definitely fair.

Ulysses is the 70's theme song singer.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well come to think of it, it was pretty pointless. Plus, they weren't even bad. All three of the acts they sent home were good imo. All three of them have more talent than some guy getting shot out of a cannon. But either way, I think sending the three through to the live shows like that was okay, but the other three should have been given a shot at least before being sent home.
    Cannon guy is no different than Professor Splash. Actually I think he's a bit better, but there isn't much more he can do. So, between the expense of doing the performance again in Vegas and last year's precedent, I wasn't surprised he advanced.

Would've liked to seen the two balance guys have a shot at making it though. Really think there however they didn't advance them over fears that the older of the two gentlemen would've gotten hurt.

Though they had no problems with the escape artist tonight.

No, Andrew was the goth opera singer. So he did get eliminated? I'm a bit surprised. But it was definitely fair.

Ulysses is the 70's theme song singer.

I feel like who's on first here - thank you for the clarification. But yes - sadly, he was eliminated. That said, I think if he really works hard at it, he will indeed make a name for himself - especially if he can learn baritone or tenor tones as well. Even Prince Poppycock doesn't have that range, and yet he has his own show.

Wow... just realized an idea, it'd be neat if the duo could work together long term on a show or at least for a song. That would be interesting.

I have a feeling Andrew will be brought back to the Wildcard, and then that'll be the big story: Him getting eliminated in Vegas, coming back and having biggest comeback ever. Either that or Tim Hockenberry probably wins.
    mushybrain likes this.

I have a feeling Andrew will be brought back to the Wildcard, and then that'll be the big story: Him getting eliminated in Vegas, coming back and having biggest comeback ever. Either that or Tim Hockenberry probably wins.
    I forgot about the wildcard, and that's probably why such the tough love the trio gave him here in Vegas. he has a very strong chance at coming back and making it to the live shows that way.

If Tim Hockenberry is a subpar singer and he does indeed win, I will give up hope that we ever seriously have someone who is NOT a singer win here. If he's the cocky comedian... well... I kinda feel the same way.

I'd like to have high hopes, but I really don't.

But anyway, I'm glad all the novelty acts made it through, except for maybe Horse and Todd Oliver. Sand artist I'm looking forward to. Hopefully he doesn't disappoint. Aurora Light Painters made it, so one point for FORT. <3 I hope Light Wire Theater will be using different props in the live shows, rather than just the dinosaurs and the flowers again.

The singing drag queen <3.

I want Dave Burleigh back! He was good and I would want to see him again!

EDIT: Wait a minute, I just remembered David Garibaldi (the Beethoven painter). What happened to him? I hope he's in the Standbys tomorrow and didn't have to drop out or anything. Same with the Scott Brothers. And I hope they both go through.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 06-27-2012 at 01:27 AM.

I have a feeling Andrew will be brought back to the Wildcard, and then that'll be the big story: Him getting eliminated in Vegas, coming back and having biggest comeback ever.
    I think you are right about this. He is so unique, I doubt that the judges would have penalized him so much for his flub. I got a strong vibe that we haven't seen the last of him. And if they don't bring him back, they should be really embarrassed that they put through the guy, Horse, whose amazing talent is that he allows himself to get whacked in the family jewels. That is just ridiculous. What a slap in the face to all the other people who have a real talent and were sent home. I guess they are trying to appeal to the "Jackass" demographic.
    Jezebella, Babbred and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Posting again about how Dave Burleigh was robbed. I mean, they put both bike stunt groups through when they really should have just put one, and now they have zero impressionists.

The promo for tomorrow didn't show the two I was hoping to see. A bit worrying but we'll see for sure tomorrow.

I hope Turf doesn't make it through although the misleading promos lead me to believe that he will. Do people really want to keep seeing what he does? I don't. Plus it can't be any more unique, can it.

I just read how Tim Hockenberry is a rather seasoned singer already. He's recorded 3 albums, has toured with Trans Siberian Orchestra - they're the ones who's music was used in that viral video of the house with Christmas lights set to music electronically.
    Personally, I wasn't impressed with him....mostly because he's just a Joe Cocker-wannabe....I like original acts. We already have Joe Cocker so who needs another.
    This is from the America's Got Talent News site.
    Exclusive: Tim Hockenberry Before 'AGT' | AGTNews.com

For the most part I was happy with results. Obviously I am thrilled for my friends and Aurora Light Painters as a whole. I am disappointed that Andrew was sent home.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast