+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Discussion for tonight's episode. Starting with a promo showing too many danger acts, which there really are a lot of this season, and misleading results.

Keep an eye out for the Aurora Light Painters! Two of my friends are in the group and I know they auditioned in this city.
    mesachick likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Awesome! ^ <3

First act was alright. Mariachi <3

Now we got an Iranian duo who look like a danger act. Or balancing, whatever. They're good.

Oh great, a country singer/guitarist with a story. I can see the public staying up all night and voting for him to win already. Plus this is the same song Kevin Skinner sang in his audition.

Large red-haired pole dancing goddess <333

Joe was good. Acts like these should be the ones that do well, rather than mediocre singers we see all the time.

A human cannonball? This is kind of like Professor Splash, if you know what I mean.

Just catching up on my DVR. Love the acts so far that have gotten through. What is this song that the Jewish kid sang? I know I've heard it before.

I take back what I said about a singer not winning this season. I would be happy if the Country Soldier won. I thought he did a beautiful job, and I freely admit that I'm biased since I have a cousin over in Afghanistan.

Absolutely hideous pole dancing act. As usual, though, lovin' me some Nick.

Sand painting guy now. It's beautiful, but Howie's wrong, because it's not entirely original. Like I said in a previous post, I've seen a YouTube clip of a guy doing the "splash painting" thing. He also did an inspirational picture while patriotic songs played.

What is the point of the cannonball act? He hasn't even launched yet and I think it's silly.
    Last edited by Babbred; 06-04-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

lol I didn't want to call him the "Jewish kid". I think he said his name was Idan, and yes he was good.

Overall I didn't like this episode. Even though I made it known last season that I hated patriotism being used to make an act seem better than they actually are (see the Silhouettes), I know Joe can be good without having to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    lol I didn't want to call him the "Jewish kid". I think he said his name was Idan, and yes he was good.
    I'm sorry. I couldn't remember his name; I just remembered the cap on his head. He seemed like a great kid, but I thought he was just an ordinary singer.

Overall I didn't like this episode. Even though I made it known last season that I hated patriotism being used to make an act seem better than they actually are (see the Silhouettes), I know Joe can be good without having to use it.
    Thank you! That's such a great way to put it. The splash paint guy in the video was phenomenally talented but it just seemed a little twee (as the British would say) to have him do tear-jerking stuff. As a matter of fact, he uses "God Bless the USA", too.

BTW, I found the video, in case you want to compare.

http://www.youtube.com/v/QZFkZiwMLZ4<http://www.youtube.com/v/QZFkZiwMLZ4>
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast