+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    This will sound mean, but if he does make the live shows, I'll still be worried of the stupidity some voters may have that could advance him further and further regardless of all this.
    Yeah - I still cringe the year that Prince Poppycock and Jackie lost to a subpar singer (BTW, this is the ONLY year I was happy with a singer winning... 'cept the one who won) and then last year the light show group placed third.

It's why I'm pulling the DQ.
    karalott likes this.

The producers of this show are horrid, along with the manipulative sob stories we see all the time, some of which, in this case, aren't even accurate. That's all.
    Every talent-based reality show does this. I remember one year on American Idol during the auditions, they had this African-American single mother. They did this whole video segment about how she was only doing this for her specials needs daughter and of course showed the daughter. That really tugged at me since that's what I teach. Anyway, the woman got axed during Vegas week. I was so disgusted about how AI's producers would manipulate the viewers by using a special needs child for Pete's sake to get viewer sympathy that I swore I would never watch another AI audition. Last season, I didn't even bother to watch the show.
    karalott likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't know - but it looks like he's trying to give proof he was injured. That said, I have had trouble putting full size the documents given.

I find it interesting though that the one I have managed to open up fulls says that the injury damage is "temporary" but that doesn't compute with the diagnosis.

NBC would just be better off DQ'ing him when it comes to the live shows if he's not ousted in Vegas. That may sound rude, but keeping him in now with all this controversy - which IS BTW being picked up on Yahoo and MSN - they're not going to endear fans if they allow him to be there.
    I had the same problem, Jade. I couldn't open two of the documents until this morning, but it looks like something happened and Tim wound up with temporary tinnitus & hearing loss. There's also something about numbness in his arms, so he could have been somewhere in the vicinity of a grenade and been jarred when it went off. (A far cry from TBI & a broken back!) I think this is one of those situations where a relatively minor incident is retold over and over and grows more intricate and severe each time it's told. I've know people like that. After a while, they BELIEVE the story that they're telling.

I wonder what future episodes NBC has already filmed? With this bad press, they CAN'T let the guy go to Vegas. Or, is NBC just riding the publicity wave to see how many of us tune in to see Tim get booted?
    jadewarlock likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

The producers of AGT love sob stories. One would think they would check some of these stories before showing the act. I've read they have people traveling around the US looking for freak shows long before the show starts. I'm sure some of the acts auditioned but many are selected by the producers before auditions. I've watched the show since the beginning and the real talent is getting less and less. Seems to me the show is more about the judges and Nick more than the talent. Last year the winner was a mediocre singer at best but he had a better sob story (don't remember his name). Something about wanting to buy a house for his poor grandmother, as his tears flowed. I enjoy real talent where it be singing, dancing, comedian, art, etc. However, wasting time with the judges, Nick, non talent and freaks is starting to get real old. I'll give it one more show and I'm finished.
    karalott likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm not the only one who think Kevin Skinner is the worst winner ever though, am I?

For the record this is how I'd rank the winners.

1. Terry Fator
    2. Landau
    3. Michael Grimm
    4. Neal E. Boyd
    5. Bianca Ryan
    6. Kevin Skinner

Season 5's final four though was my favorite final four of all time.

Regarding Tim: I think there is a big difference between exaggeration and lying. One just embellishes the story and the other is a big ol' fraud.
    Tim is a big ol' fraud. Yes, he has a military background....the National Guard but that's seems to be pretty much all that's true, as we know right now....the rest is a lie, plain and simple. He goes too far for me to say he exaggerates.
    Shame, shame on him.
    I don't know nor want to know about his marriages, children, abusiveness, etc but I know I don't like people who to tell big fat lies to get a sympathy vote.
    He sure had me crying in sympathy but even then, I didn't think he was all that great of a singer.....and he does a pretty good job of covering Garth Brooks.
    Just like that other guy earlier who did a good cover of Joe Cocker.....couldn't understand why everyone thought he was so talented.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Did the best singer ever win any of these shows? On AGT anyway it's more about the story and "personality".

I'm not the only one who think Kevin Skinner is the worst winner ever though, am I?

For the record this is how I'd rank the winners.

1. Terry Fator
    2. Landau
    3. Michael Grimm
    4. Neal E. Boyd
    5. Bianca Ryan
    6. Kevin Skinner

Season 5's final four though was my favorite final four of all time.
    No, you are not .

Kevin Skinner was horrid. He should never have made it past the first audition, let alone win the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Regarding Tim: I think there is a big difference between exaggeration and lying. One just embellishes the story and the other is a big ol' fraud.
    Tim is a big ol' fraud. Yes, he has a military background....the National Guard but that's seems to be pretty much all that's true, as we know right now....the rest is a lie, plain and simple. He goes too far for me to say he exaggerates.
    Shame, shame on him.
    I don't know nor want to know about his marriages, children, abusiveness, etc but I know I don't like people who to tell big fat lies to get a sympathy vote.
    He sure had me crying in sympathy but even then, I didn't think he was all that great of a singer.....and he does a pretty good job of covering Garth Brooks.
    Just like that other guy earlier who did a good cover of Joe Cocker.....couldn't understand why everyone thought he was so talented.
    Heard Tim tonight - this time entirely - and I will say this: He is either exaggerating the stutter or flat out lying that it's permanent.

As a stutterer myself, I notice certain letters or words (and a couple of phrases) will ALWAYS give me hell so I have to take a deep breath and rythym it out (mostly as I think people'd get annoyed with sing-song long term).

But there are certain letters he's stuttering that normally aren't stutter catchers: H is one I caught him stutter that isn't a normal one.

His stutter is way too inconsistent IMHO, so I think there's an exaggeration at the minimum.

I agree though - he's not a good singer and I really do feel the sob story was done in an attempt to get onto the show and hopefully win the show.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I had the same problem, Jade. I couldn't open two of the documents until this morning, but it looks like something happened and Tim wound up with temporary tinnitus & hearing loss. There's also something about numbness in his arms, so he could have been somewhere in the vicinity of a grenade and been jarred when it went off. (A far cry from TBI & a broken back!) I think this is one of those situations where a relatively minor incident is retold over and over and grows more intricate and severe each time it's told. I've know people like that. After a while, they BELIEVE the story that they're telling.
    Tinnitus and hearing lost do not cause a stutter. Depends on the person the cause - my case I think faster than I can speak usually. But none of these would cause a permanent debilitating injury (though you can get a medical discharge if you lose too much of your hearing.

The GLARING error is there is NO Purple Heart. He'd received that for an injury in conflict on US or international territory. And I know of at least one Purple Heart winner (a former church member) who DID receive one for an injury that left him permanently deaf.

I wonder what future episodes NBC has already filmed? With this bad press, they CAN'T let the guy go to Vegas. Or, is NBC just riding the publicity wave to see how many of us tune in to see Tim get booted?
    They're pre-filmed through Vegas - any audition show except the You Tube one is pre-recorded. So, we WILL see him through Vegas if they show him. That said, I have a feeling they may be re-editing the footage to cut out his appearance and may insert (if he were to be selected for live show) a disclaimer that shows he was eliminated for falsefying audition records - or have Nick (bless his heart for the few who won't have heard about this) announce he was disqualifed for "breaking the rules."
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 06-10-2012 at 11:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread