+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    When I posted earlier, I had to get off the computer. Went to my home page and there's the story of Tim using the other guy's photo. Doh! So it gets worse...

What I am curious to know now is what did the NBC official site look like earlier today or yesterday? Because there is nothing there that I can find although his audition is still up. Are you referring to the AGT site that was posted upthread? That site has all the news about this controversy, but I'm not sure if it's associated with the NBC site.
    I apologize - the URL's are too similar I was confused. It's not on NBC's site but another that looks similar. My mistake.

That said - it's being picked up way too much now that NBC is going to have to look into it. The one story about the soldier's image being used that's not Poe mentions said soldier telling NBC about it though. This makes me believe that they will have no choice regardless but to reconsider Poe's positionin the show should he make it to the live shows. Unfortunately, Vegas is already filmed so he may have made it to the final shows.

Did find one thing interesting though:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I have read stories about this controversy where Howard Stern is royally PO'd with this guy now - he said people can and do lie, but said to NOT lie about what you did as a soldier.

Controversy: Tim Poe Apologizes For Photo Faux Pas | AGTNews.com

Apparently he's apologizing for the photo - but I don't believe for a moment that he "made a mistake":

1. He is bound to have at least a photo or two from his service overseas that he could've sent from home. He didn't need to use the Department of Defense site.

2. Even if a rush - if he did use the DOD site, he could've paid attention.

3. He has apparently LIED about the years he served, so why should we believe this claim?

What disappoints me is apparently the show is letting this pass. So one of the two things happened - either he's out before the live shows or... they are going to show to the rest of America he's been ordained the winner this season, that we shouldn't bother watching the show, using our moneys to vote (well any position that we do have to do this), and that it should be canceled because if they don't care about this pretty serious issue, then we shouldn't care about paying their bills. (though I'd feel sorry for the judges and Nick).

Personally I think the "damage" is done, he will not gather the sympathy vote. I agree with a statement from Howard...(paraphrasing here) People lie about their stories but lying to AMERICA about YOUR SERVICE RECORD is "unforgivable".

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

There's a new article about this on AGTNews. Military Paperwork Says Tim Poe Was Injured "In The Line of Duty" | AGTNews.com

What does this mean now? At this point, I don't care anymore. I want him out and that's it.

I've read that Tim Poe is suicidal and his family is receiving death threats. If the allegations of him lying are true, what a mess he caused for himself!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    There's a new article about this on AGTNews. Military Paperwork Says Tim Poe Was Injured "In The Line of Duty" | AGTNews.com

What does this mean now? At this point, I don't care anymore. I want him out and that's it.
    Well, this paperwork says that he WAS injured in the line of duty and he was declared 40% disabled. That's a pretty high percentage. And, it does mention a grenade causing the damage.

I think it's probable that he exaggerated his military deeds and how the injury occurred, but I also think that AGT's producers, etc. were pushing him for a better story, pictures, etc. He made a stupid mistake on national tv, and now his life is trashed and ruined. I blame AGT, but I doubt there'll be any accountability there.

Kick him off the show and let the feeding frenzy die down. Maybe he can salvage what's left of his life.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Pfft. Death threats. How stupid people are. I still can't get over BB's Shelly and her family receiving death threats for voting off Jeff. I want to swear, directed to those people, but I won't.

Anyway,

The producers of this show are horrid, along with the manipulative sob stories we see all the time, some of which, in this case, aren't even accurate. That's all.

I don't know - but it looks like he's trying to give proof he was injured. That said, I have had trouble putting full size the documents given.

I find it interesting though that the one I have managed to open up fulls says that the injury damage is "temporary" but that doesn't compute with the diagnosis.

NBC would just be better off DQ'ing him when it comes to the live shows if he's not ousted in Vegas. That may sound rude, but keeping him in now with all this controversy - which IS BTW being picked up on Yahoo and MSN - they're not going to endear fans if they allow him to be there.

This will sound mean, but if he does make the live shows, I'll still be worried of the stupidity some voters may have that could advance him further and further regardless of all this.

Pfft. Death threats. How stupid people are. I still can't get over BB's Shelly and her family receiving death threats for voting off Jeff. I want to swear, directed to those people, but I won't.

Anyway,

The producers of this show are horrid, along with the manipulative sob stories we see all the time, some of which, in this case, aren't even accurate. That's all.
    Hopefully they'll realize the Soral of the Morey - when you go looking for sob stories, be sure to not slop the dripper and let it shatter onto the ground.

(Sorry, I have been trying to remember a dyslexic-esqe version of Cinderella).

Or the moral of the story - the producers need to just cut the stories until at least the live shows to avoid nonsense like this.

RBmumsie, I agree with you mostly, but I want to make one point - he like anyone who auditions for the show puts their whole lives out in the open if they pursue the stories. All should know to look at things closely and definitely not at the minimum appear to fabricate stories to get onto the show. It can ruin you and smear others.

+ Reply to Thread