+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Ok, I'm not sure what to think.

Regarding the interview with Tim's ex-wife - it doesn't add up. She hasn't been his wife in several years, so how would she know FOR SURE about whether he was injured in 2009 or not? She says she caught him cheating in 1991 (Tim would have been 14 then). She says she had him arrested for domestic violence in 2002 and he disappeared afterwards, but ALSO snipes that he got another woman pregnant in 2003. So, did he come back in between, or what? Then Tim allegedly married the woman he got pregnant and they recently divorced. So, WHEN were this ex-wife of his and he actually married? The woman sounds unstable to me.

Ok, so it looks lik he only served for 9 years, not 14, but he DID serve in Afghanistan in 2009.

I think he exaggerated his years of service, but I want more info before I call him an out-and-out liar. He says that he was treated locally in Afghanistan and transported to Germany for treatment. That could be true, because it looks like he only spent a month of so in Afghanistan - that's an incredibly short deployment.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

People in his unit say he's lying, and say that he was taken out due to an ear infection - not an injury. Several people purported to be from his unit say that of the 120 people in their group, 118 will say he's a liar, one is dead, and one is Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    People in his unit say he's lying, and say that he was taken out due to an ear infection - not an injury. Several people purported to be from his unit say that of the 120 people in their group, 118 will say he's a liar, one is dead, and one is Tim.
    You're right, AZ. I went searching and found postings by people that served with Tim. As the mother of a career Marine who has put his life on the line and truly served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I am appalled that someone would fabricate this sort of story.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Regarding Tim's story, I think many contestants on these types of reality shows exagerate their story or tweake it to make more of an impression. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was producer driven. Like the goth/opera singer at the end of the show. Maybe his family did hear him sing. Maybe he is not as ostracized as he said he was. Maybe he doesn't put those freaky contacts everyday. But he wouldn't be as interesting if that was true.

I admit, Tim's lies are unforgiveable, considering the context, but I bet he's not the only one that does lie.
    He won't be DQ'd based on his lies, but the judges will not make him advance for one reason or another. And if he does (isn't that already decided anyways?), there is no way the public will vote for him now that this story is out.
    There is no doubt about your first statement. All of these reality shows do it. Remember the bachelor days of yesteryear when everyone was a pharmaceutical sales rep? Or many Idol contestants who have had record deals in the past? I believe that the producers are very much behind the back story "tweaking", they know what makes good TV. If a producer thought that this was a good story or Tim thought it would be OK to exaggerate his story to include a life changing injury, that is not acceptable. Especially when those records are easily verifiable. I tend to not pay as much attention to what an ex spouse has to say, but his own unit members are speaking out in numbers. I'm just waiting to find out what the true story is, but if Tim is lying I bet it won't be shown on TV. He'll be ousted by the "judges" and not make it past Vegas. AGT doesn't need bad publicity like that.

As for that mind reader guy~~I don't know how he does it, but it is fascinating. I don't want to know his secret or any magician secrets either. Let me live in bliss!!

That duo singing Moves Like Jagger? Didn't care for that at all and I don't think she is a great singer.

The goth/opera dude sings wonderfully, but his own parents haven't heard him sing ever? I find that hard to believe. How would you know you can sing and have the guts to try out on national TV is no one else has ever heard you sing?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

The goth/opera dude sings wonderfully, but his own parents haven't heard him sing ever? I find that hard to believe. How would you know you can sing and have the guts to try out on national TV is no one else has ever heard you sing?
    That was so unbelievably stupid. He has a voice like THAT! and they haven't heard it?
    I did love his voice - wow

As for that mind reader guy~~I don't know how he does it, but it is fascinating. I don't want to know his secret or any magician secrets either. Let me live in bliss!!
    I don't want to know either
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I hate to say it... but I'm happy about this Tim Poe thing, if it means he's out of the competition.

As for the mind reader, I couldn't help it but I thought to myself "I'm not falling for it".

Not sure what to make about Cowboy guy. As someone who has had several relatives serve in the military, including Iraq and Afghanistan, I find it distasteful that somebody would try to pass themselves off as an honorable veteran. OTOH, it seems totally weird that this guy would go on national television and pathologically lie like that. I mean, it's one thing to be ashamed of a small indiscretion like what happened to Frenchie (I always thought she got screwed over that). But to get up there and brazenly lie like that, about so many things? How did he think he would get away with it in this day and age? :ohno:shrug

I'm on the fence about the light painters. Please don't take offence, whoever said they know the group. What they did looked lovely. But it also reminded me of stuff that kids can do. Doesn't Crayola sell products that will do something similar? I'm willing to give them another chance, though.

Did that goth apple smashing guy dislocate his GF's jaw? Sheesh, that poor girl needs to find somebody else.

Like the couple with the guitar, but that's just me. I like that funky, soulful type of singing.

Aw, crap. Another opera singer. Johnny, you didn't like country guy and I hate opera singers. Maybe we should get together. :lol (Just kidding. I'm happily married.) At least he's not singing "Nessun Dorma." Don't get me wrong here. I actually love opera. I just hate these people coming on this show and getting the audience to eat out of their hand when there are far better acts that should win. (Yes, I am still bitter about Season 2.) Update: the guy washed out. Thank you! :yay

No clue how the mind reader did it, and don't want to know. It's magic! :)

The aerial dancer was cool, but I've also seen it many times before.

Guitar girl ("Moon River") was average.

Nothing spectacular about Gus the hip hop dancer.

Re: Sharon and Howie's comments about Cannon Guy. That was impressive and the greatest thing you ever saw? Sheesh. Didn't you guys ever go to the county fair when you were kids? I've seen this before more than once over the years. And what the heck will the guy do for a follow-up? Get launched while carrying an American flag and having a patriotic song play? :mmm

I don't know what to think of goth opera guy, so let me break it down.

1. I think the goth thing is a schtick. I can totally believe that he dresses this way ordinarily, but why dress this way to an audition? What does this have to do with opera?

2. He has a lovely voice, but a dude singing like a soprano? That's just too weird for me.

3. This could mean nothing, but his parents didn't look all that stunned that their vampire son can sing like Beverly Sills (legendary opera star).

4. At least he didn't sing "Nessun Dorma".

5. I really, really hope this doesn't turn into a repeat of Season 2 or I may never watch this show again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Do you mean season 3, which had the opera singer win?

Season 2 was the legend that is Terry Fator. imo the best winner ever.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I agree that a lot of people "pad their resumes" to make for a better backstory. That said, I hope they kick Tim Poe to the curb and FAST. Do NOT lie about your service to your country. I find that unforgivable.

The goth opera singer - LOVED him. And, he really seemed moved by the audience's response.

I'm on the fence about the light painters. Please don't take offence, whoever said they know the group. What they did looked lovely. But it also reminded me of stuff that kids can do. Doesn't Crayola sell products that will do something similar? I'm willing to give them another chance, though.
    I don't take offense at all, Crayola might sell light lasers, but I don't think they have computers built into them or the other skills the group has to pull off their shows, let alone all the other technological elements.

I hope they will be able to show what more goes into at Vegas as it fascinates me. Though it might not be exciting to the average viewer. Also there are other totally cool elements that I'll be quiet about and hope you all get to see in Vegas!

Btw, my friends name, the one with the hat is Lisa.

They like hearing varying opinions as it only helps them get better.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread