+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

I can't help it but I am definitely going to be rooting against the country singer today. Kevin Skinner was the worst winner of anything ever, and I don't want a second coming. Plus we need a non-singer to win already.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 06-04-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I can't help it but I am definitely going to be rooting against the country singer today. Kevin Skinner was the worst winner of anything ever, and I don't want a second coming. Plus we need a non-singer to win already.
    Isn't Joe the country singer? I'm confused by your posts for and against him - if it's the same guy...

Well, I don't vote on these shows....but of course I fully invest in every character as though they are family.

I'll tell ya, that military country singer's story had me sobbing the entire way through. Not that I think he should or will win, he's not that great a singer, but he's good. And I think he deserves to move on to the next round.

I enjoy the show, I really like Howard on it, but I don't think I've seen many memorable acts, let alone a million-dollar one.

The country singer's Tim Poe. Joe's the guy who did the patriotic sand painting.

Austin is the city I grew up in. It was nice to see that skyline. Regarding Tim Poe...

Then we see a pleasant looking guy in a cowboy hat who is holding a guitar. He seems to speak with a slight.. uh, uh.... stutter. Who is this? Who is this?

This is the 2012 winner of America's Got Talent, folks. I will be shocked if he doesn't make the finals. He's going to have to get arrested to miss this. America, meet Timothy Michael Poe. He spent fourteen years in the military. His career ended in 2009 when a grenade gave him a brain injury that causes him to stutter. Cue the sappy music, and get out your handkerchiefs. He's a hero and he was disabled in the service of his country. He was afraid he was going to die. The music swells. Singing helps him get through the tough times... and oh, look, there's his loving and supportive fiance, who convinced him to audition.

He's so happy to be here on the stage. He's got the crowd behind him before he sings a note. He's nervous. And then... he's singing without a hint of stutter at all. I notice that when they flash his name across the screen, they don't call him a singer. They call him a war veteran. This is the angle they will push all season. I'd said the actual singing is pretty solid; he would not get thrown out of a honky tonk if he were the entertainment. But here's the kicker... everybody is crying. After all, the song "If Tomorrow Never Comes" is about what might happen to the girlfriend if the singer dies.... and he almost did, and there's his fiance', just watching him and being glad he's alive.

Just give him the money. This one is over. The standing ovation is incredible... and it's not really about the absolutely serviceable singing. I don't really agree with Howie that Tim is a phenomenal talent. I think he's a pretty good talent with a back story that makes Kevin Skinner look like a poser. And Sharon, the song he chose was perfect, not only for his voice, but for the situation.

I want to bet on this. I wonder where to go to do that, since I don't live in Vegas! It's going to take a scandal to bring him down.
    Check out my recaps of Dr. Who and other TV shows at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Probably true, unfortunately. ^

At least Canada's Got Talent was able to surprise me with who I called the "obvious winner" all season long not winning. America though, it's all so predictable. AI has proved it time and time again.

All I can hope for from Tim now is that he actually stays consistent throughout. Unlike Kevin Skinner, who butchered Aerosmith in the finale. But sadly America thought his sob story was more important and made him win.

The veteran Army singer is an okay singer, but not a great singer. If not for his story, he would have not made it through. I have respect and gratitude to our military men and women, but I don't think it should make someone win a competition when they are not better than others. Time will tell, but I bet there are some real awesome acts that turn up eventually.

Yeah, and also, it shouldn't take a "scandal" to take him down. All it should take is voters with good sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Keep an eye out for the Aurora Light Painters! Two of my friends are in the group and I know they auditioned in this city.
    They were on! <3

And they were amazing! We've got a few great acts this season and they're one of them. One of them should win.
    JLuvs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    They were on! <3

And they were amazing! We've got a few great acts this season and they're one of them. One of them should win.
    Awesome! I can't wait to see it. I am reading all the online comments & I assume they made it to Vegas? As obviously they are like vaults & can't tell us anything. I am hoping they make it to the live shows so I can go in & see them.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

They made it through with three yeses. I think they'll make the live shows, unless they decide they've got too much awesomeness and want to rig it for the singers again.
    JLuvs and jadewarlock like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast