+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 6/04 *SPOILERS*

Newest article on AGTNews says Stern wants Poe to stay so "America could decide his fate". Now I'm worried.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

AAACCCKKK!!!! It'll be a feeding frenzy!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

You're preaching to the choir, here. That is why I now DVR these talent shows and FF through all the taped video segments. I just want to see/hear them perform, thank you, since most of these tear-jerking acts will end up washing out soon, anyway.
    Me, too, I DVR everything now....I just can't tolerate all the fluff and the Judges' Adulation Camera Time anymore and I'm fine with the judges when they judge (even when it's obvious who is supposed to be the "Mean Cop" and who's the Good Cop)
    I FF until I see someone with Nick.
    I also agree and think, not only a lot of practice for that voice, but a whole lot of training and lessons from an expert.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Newest article on AGTNews says Stern wants Poe to stay so "America could decide his fate". Now I'm worried.
    I do see Stern's point; however, he won't get to do what HE wants to (and I really think he was royally PO'd what Poe did) if that happens.

Because there is no way in heaven or hell NBC will allow someone to slip through the cracks and continue in spite of this only to get ripped apart at the seams.

Given we all know - it'd just be better to let Poe quit, have him not make the live shows or DQ him before then. If he is on the show, he will be allowed to continue in the lie.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens at Vegas Week first. Which should be next week. And I say "should" because it should be next week, along with the last audition episode. However, I think I've read that it will be in two weeks. I really can't wait.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Hearing Tim Poe Sunday, I will have to say that I'm surprised that people do think he's a good singer. Honestly - there are MUCH better singers here in Texas than him (and I"m saying this in spite of my other comments about him personally).

Overall though I do agree there are fewer talented acts this season - kinda makes me wonder though.
    I agree with you, Tim Poe is just not that great of a singer. I like country music and like Garth Brooks but there are better singers out there than Tim.

I'm just curious how this will play out. On one hand, it's out there and the people who know about it want Tim DQ'd, yet they will be tuning in to find out his fate. I do understand why they don't let the outcome known now until Vegas week is over. On the other hand, if he made it past Vegas to the live shows, again the show will still draw viewers who want to learn his fate. Others will have no clue there is a controversy and others yet who do know and don't care and may still vote for him. Even serial killers have their fans.

If this controversy gets people riled up enough that they are writing to the show or to the advertisers and threatening to boycott then maybe they'd quietly DQ him. It all comes down to money.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Well, like I said in one of the other threads, it appears that once a contestant gives their sob story, people refuse to believe their performance was anything but the best.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I was very skeptical when I heard somenone (Joe Castillo) was going to do sand art. My favourite "Talent" winner of all time is a sand artist from Ukraine's Got Talent.

Here is her audition... and it is breathtaking!
    Amazing Sand Art on Ukraine's Got talent - Kseniya Simonova - YouTube

Joe was fine, but paled in comparison to this.

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing that. It was so beautiful that I cried. I have to confess, though, that I didn't quite understand the storyline until I read the comments below it. I thought it had something to do with Chernobyl.

Now you've ruined me for watching the American version.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Wow. Thank you so much for sharing that. It was so beautiful that I cried. I have to confess, though, that I didn't quite understand the storyline until I read the comments below it. I thought it had something to do with Chernobyl.

Now you've ruined me for watching the American version.
    To be fair, the fellow had less time to do a sand painting than she did: Her audition is about 8 minutes compared to his 1:30. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with more time to do details.

Also, apparently she did do one as a tribute to Chernobyl - it's listed on the side of that link to her audition.
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread