+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/29 *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/29 *SPOILERS*

Discussion for tonight's episode.

I tuned in a bit late but the current act is yet another returning act. The freakshow group guy with the hat who used his eyelids to lift the chair up auditioned by himself in season 5, where he set fireworks off in his pants, and didn't make it through. Now though that he has his group it seems more successful.

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/29 *SPOILERS*

I couldn't watch that part. The little Ozzy -- eek!. The escape artist was ok, The kid doing the movie voice over was ok, Can't say anyone tonight really "did anything for me".
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Who was the last act? I didn't catch the last few minutes

It was a guy named Clifford who sang a Rick James song - he picks up recyclables for a living. Hope I've stated that correctly. He bombed but Nick went out on stage and gave him a little more air time.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Nick Cannon: We are the sexual chocolates. Hahahaha. I love me some Nick Cannon.

I like the Houdini dude, but wow he is 26? Howard called that right, thinking he was only 14.

I cannot/will not watch freakshow types. The broken glass thing was OK but the rest is just gross. (From behind my closed eyes I guess)

I missed the little boy but he was adorable.

Loved Little Ozzy. Not a great singer, and I'm sure Ozzy will get a kick out of that.

The movie voice guy was good, maybe he will get discovered from the show.

Other than that, no one else was memorable.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I think that overall I am okay with freakshow type acts unless it includes too much blood or other disgusting bodily function results. Eyelid was a bit nasty but cool, too.

Ive always been a fan of Howard Stern show, but, I think he might have Jumped the Shark, seeing him on AGT. The one thing that annoys me about him on the show is the way he always seems to stand up, spread his arms out, looking for adoration from the crowd...for no real reason. It comes off badly for him, given as much as he appears to do it. Hes always been self-centered and egotistical on his radio show, and Im ok with that in the past, but, on this show the "look at how great I am" thing he does, just looks stupid. Regarding the rest of the show, it hasnt yet kept my attention very long. As one other poster mentioned, its edited poorly with too many breaks and not enough interesting content. Off my DVR list.
    Shoepie likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Yeah, he's turning this into the Howard Stern show Lite, and that's going to get old as time goes on. At the moment I'm enjoying it because Piers was so uppity. I'd heard that the choppy editing is due to Howard monopolizing almost every act. Isn't there still another 80 something weeks before the live shows? Hopefully he cools his jets before then, or I will have to wait until the live shows. I like Howard just not THAT much.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Well if this week counted as the fifth and sixth audition episodes, and we have another two next week and the one after, that would be 10 (which is the usual number of audition episodes). So we might be done with the auditions in a couple weeks.

Eh, the little kid was cute. I think he'll do pretty well. I hated the sideshow act and I think Sharon was right. I am looking forward to more tricks from the escape artist, and I kind of hope Ron gets some voiceover work as a result of this show. He's actually pretty good. And... call me crazy, but Little Ozzy warmed my heart a little bit. I don't think he was great, but it was all kind of sweet. I am glad Sharon let him finish.

I do not think we saw the winner. Best act of the night, from my blog:

Isaac hits the stage, and he's astonished by the fact that one judge is Howie and one is Howard. "You two guys names sound the same!" he quips, and by this time he's got the audience eating out of his hand. But what can he do? He can sing and dance? Can he?

Yeah, he's singing "Give Me One More Chance" by the Jackson Five. He's not going to make anybody forget Michael; he's a little off-key in places, and the movies are a little clunky, but the cute factor is off the charts and he's very well prepared. Howie calls him a superstar. Isaac says that all that matters is that it comes from the heart, and every heart in the audience melts. Sharon says he has star quality, and asks for a kiss. Howard agrees that he's not annoying. Isaac celebrates his trip to Las Vegas by pretending to faint. I am not sure this boy can win, because he's not a heartthrob male singer, but... he might just make the finals.
    Check out my recaps of Dr. Who and other TV shows at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast