+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/29 *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/29 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy View Post
    Eh, the little kid was cute. I think he'll do pretty well. I hated the sideshow act and I think Sharon was right. I am looking forward to more tricks from the escape artist, and I kind of hope Ron gets some voiceover work as a result of this show. He's actually pretty good. And... call me crazy, but Little Ozzy warmed my heart a little bit. I don't think he was great, but it was all kind of sweet. I am glad Sharon let him finish.

I do not think we saw the winner. Best act of the night, from my blog:
    Not sure about the kid, all that kept coming to mind for me was Gary Coleman, Rodney Allen Rippy and that kid from Webster. eek.
    cablejockey likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy View Post
    Eh, the little kid was cute. I think he'll do pretty well. I hated the sideshow act and I think Sharon was right. I am looking forward to more tricks from the escape artist, and I kind of hope Ron gets some voiceover work as a result of this show. He's actually pretty good. And... call me crazy, but Little Ozzy warmed my heart a little bit. I don't think he was great, but it was all kind of sweet. I am glad Sharon let him finish.

I do not think we saw the winner. Best act of the night, from my blog:
    I've mentioned your blog in other posts without attribution. I'm sorry for that, but I wasn't sure about the rules since we're usually not allowed to link to blogs here. For the record, though, I really enjoy reading it.

I already mentioned the kid in another thread, so I'll just comment on some of the other acts.

Loved this second escape artist. The judges were right to compare him to Houdini and can't wait to see what else he does.

Svet and his "hip hop violin"--I've seen this done before. In Britain there's a performer who does classical violin pieces set to a modern beat. I saw a music video of her doing Vivialdi's "Spring" from his "Four Seasons" to a modern beat and it was pretty cool. I'm glad I'll get to see more of Svet.

I thought the movie voiceover guy was cool, but I also agreed with the judges that how would you make an act out of it? It seems more like something to impress your friends with. It's a shame that he can't do other sounds like that African-American guy from the "Police Academy" movies.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I read somewhere that Michael Griffin, the escape artist reject, claimed that he was practically "forced" to do what he did by the producers, probably so they could feature Spencer the following episode. If this is the case then it's definitely not the first time the producers purposely screwed over acts. It seems to happen so often, especially in the live shows, so they could rig the show in favor of who they want to see win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    Ive always been a fan of Howard Stern show, but, I think he might have Jumped the Shark, seeing him on AGT. The one thing that annoys me about him on the show is the way he always seems to stand up, spread his arms out, looking for adoration from the crowd...for no real reason. It comes off badly for him, given as much as he appears to do it. Hes always been self-centered and egotistical on his radio show, and Im ok with that in the past, but, on this show the "look at how great I am" thing he does, just looks stupid. Regarding the rest of the show, it hasnt yet kept my attention very long. As one other poster mentioned, its edited poorly with too many breaks and not enough interesting content. Off my DVR list.
    I agree. Saying "my stage" and "I am the favorite judge" is annoying and not funny nor clever. Perhaps the producer will read feedback about this and ask him to take a different approach when the show's go live. He is overshadowing Sharon and Howie whose comments I enjoy. His constant trips to the stage do not add entertainment either.

I did hear Sharon say on Talk when Howie Mandel was a guest, that as a prank, she and Howie keep encouraging Stern to go up to the stage! They tell him he should go, and then laugh with each other when he does!
    I watch this show every year, for the first weeks and then always lose interest when they narrow down the field!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I did hear Sharon say on Talk when Howie Mandel was a guest, that as a prank, she and Howie keep encouraging Stern to go up to the stage! They tell him he should go, and then laugh with each other when he does!
    I watch this show every year, for the first weeks and then always lose interest when they narrow down the field!
    I did notice exactly what you posted here. They egg him on to get up on stage and then they both sit and laugh.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I read somewhere that Michael Griffin, the escape artist reject, claimed that he was practically "forced" to do what he did by the producers, probably so they could feature Spencer the following episode. If this is the case then it's definitely not the first time the producers purposely screwed over acts. It seems to happen so often, especially in the live shows, so they could rig the show in favor of who they want to see win.
    Seriously? That's horrible. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since this issue comes up for every singing reality show.

I liked Howard the first couple of episodes, but yeah, his grandstanding is getting just a tad bit old. I'm still enjoying the show, though.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes. Arcadian Broad, the kid dancer from Season 4 actually had the guts to call them out after the judges criticized his semifinal performance. Same with the Fiddleheads last season. And remember Miami All Stars and that stupid football/mascot/whatever theme they did in the final? Even though nobody stated it I couldn't help but think that it wasn't up to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12