+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/28 *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/28 *SPOILERS*

Discussion for tonight's episode.

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/28 *SPOILERS*

Aww JohnnyK, I'm watching The Bachelorette tonight. Anything good to report?

It was kind of a boring episode at first glance. But I'll have to rewatch and then post about my thoughts.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Liked the cloggers and liked the Jazz/marching/chanting band that was created by people who were laid off from an amusement park (which is pretty interesting - must be a smaller park).

Rest were really forgettable... OR like the escape artist, just funny for the wrong reasons.

I have noticed though that for the most part they're putting through more credible acts this year than last.

The escape artist is an example of a reject that I at first really thought would be successful.

And yes, the clog group, All That, is another returning act from a past season. They were on the very first season where they actually did well enough to make the final. Nice to see them again.

I liked Ulysses. The first act of the night was meh . The jazz group was okay but again, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The escape artist is an example of a reject that I at first really thought would be successful.

And yes, the clog group, All That, is another returning act from a past season. They were on the very first season where they actually did well enough to make the final. Nice to see them again.

I liked Ulysses. The first act of the night was meh . The jazz group was okay but again, meh.
    Oh, I agree that escape artist had potential - especially after the belly flop guy last year.

That said, I agree with the judges - there's no huge wow factor there. I could see what he was trying to do and such; however, given there are many escape artists who have done some similar stuff to Houdini's escapes... it wasn't going to work.

I missed Ulysses' main act. Did like the fact he could pick up the lyrics to some of the classical shows. That said, if he could work it into a sketch where you do "Name a TV series and I'll sing it" and do a flavor of the day type thing (bit of a comedy sketch) he might have the workings of an interesting act.

That said, learning the lyrics to many of the classic TV shows would take a bit of study - you'd have smart alecs try to use shows that really do have NO lyrics to them or throw curveballs such as "I Love Lucy," "Leave it to Beaver," "Bonanza," "Star Trek," "The Dick Van Dyke Show," etc. that actually DO have lyrics to the show but they just used the instrumental.

(BTW, the songs for "I Love Lucy" and "Bonanza" actually DID appear in the series in stories).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

I thought that name sounded familiar! I wasn't aware that acts could try out for AGT again after they made it on the show (similar to the rules on AI). Is this a new rule change, or has it always been that way?

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I thought that name sounded familiar! I wasn't aware that acts could try out for AGT again after they made it on the show (similar to the rules on AI). Is this a new rule change, or has it always been that way?
    I don't know it might be different for those that were on the first season. One act from the first season, Acrodunk, came back to season 4 and made the live shows again.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

We should just call you Johnnypedia.

I hope to watch tonight.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Johnnypedia, I like that!

The little boy was cute but not all that talented... little Ozzy was cute but not all that talented... the daredevil group playing with glass, pulling eyelids and swallowing swords weren't cute nor were they talented... and I'm not sure what the judges saw in the group of curly haired girls to send them through, but they were again, cute. Cute = Vegas, nah. I'm still hung up on the painter from show one.

Overall this show ran cold for me, until Nick stirred it up. He's a fun guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast