+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/28 *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Auditions 5/28 *SPOILERS*

I just tuned into this, and I'm going to be recapping it on my blog. I have to say though... I didn't see the big winner tonight. I thought the best act in this episode was the Distinguished Men of Brass, and they were, basically.... a pretty good marching band. Ulysses was kind of charming in a cheesy kind of way, but I will be stunned if he lasts one more round. I wish we'd seen more of the magician.
    Check out my recaps of Dr. Who and other TV shows at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I am already looking forward to Vegas Week.

The Urban Glee singers were pretty good.

Loved it when Howie got up there and danced with the ballet guy. That's a part of why I love watching this show, the fact that they embrace the silliness and just run with it. I've seen other people rave about Nick for doing this stuff, and I totally, 100% agree. These are my favorite judges, and Nick is my favorite host, on any reality talent competition.

Interesting that they allow acts to be recylcled from other seasons. Shows like AI have strict rules against that. Once you make it to a live show, you can't come back if you're eliminated. I'm not sure how I feel about AGT allowing it, but I must say that in fairness I did like the cloggers.

Felt kind of sorry for the escape artist, but OTOH, why didn't he bring somebody to tie him up nice and tight? He might still have not made it, though, just because it wasn't very dangerous. It may not be very fair, but when it comes to acts like this people want to see the performer put their life on the line.

Loved the brass band, and that was so sweet about how they kept going after losing their jobs.

Loved loved loved Ulysses! No, he might not be the winning act. He had a lovely voice, though, and as somebody who loves watching classic TV, I really enjoyed hearing those theme songs. (My husband is from Britain so I had to explain why I was singing along with Ulysses on the "Love Boat" theme. )

Baby's Breath said:

The little boy was cute but not all that talented... little Ozzy was cute but not all that talented... the daredevil group playing with glass, pulling eyelids and swallowing swords weren't cute nor were they talented... and I'm not sure what the judges saw in the group of curly haired girls to send them through, but they were again, cute. Cute = Vegas, nah. I'm still hung up on the painter from show one.
    Agree about the little boy. He got through mainly on cuteness, which bugs me because I hate it when children are allowed to compete in these shows and their parents somehow expect them to go through on the cute factor. No, I would not pay $60 to hear him in Vegas.

Loved Little Ozzie. He had no talent but it was still funny seeing him try, and so sweet that he got to hug Sharon.

Hated the daredevil group.

Didn't like the curly-haired girls, either. In fact, I thought it was kind of disgusting seeing that youngest girl tarted up like that. Bad flashbacks to those images of tiny girls in beauty pageants...

You know, it's funny you mentioned the painter, because I meant to say this the first week. I've seen an act almost exactly like it. A friend of mine forwarded around a YouTube clip of some guy who did virtually the same thing, only he didn't have the back-up crew to help him and he painted a patriotic scene. I'll hunt around and see if I still have that e-mail and if so, I'll post the link here.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Didn't like the curly-haired girls, either. In fact, I thought it was kind of disgusting seeing that youngest girl tarted up like that. Bad flashbacks to those images of tiny girls in beauty pageants...
    Thank you for that! It's just plain wrong to make little tiny girls look sexy in any way. Her pose at the end was not right....she's 5 1/2 for gosh sakes!

You know, it's funny you mentioned the painter, because I meant to say this the first week. I've seen an act almost exactly like it. A friend of mine forwarded around a YouTube clip of some guy who did virtually the same thing, only he didn't have the back-up crew to help him and he painted a patriotic scene. I'll hunt around and see if I still have that e-mail and if so, I'll post the link here.
    If you find it, I'd be curious to see it, because I actually recall seeing someone do this on the Today show.

I've seen a couple vids of David Garibaldi doing some other similar performances but he was by himself in those clips.

I posted the clip in one of the other threads. Did you see it? If not, then I'll PM you.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

It's sizing up to be a good season so far... but that's always the case until the live shows start, where the season starts being ruined the more it progresses.

I posted the clip in one of the other threads. Did you see it? If not, then I'll PM you.
    Just found it, thank you and safe travels!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12