+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent Auditions 5/14 ***Spoilers***

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: America's Got Talent Auditions 5/14 ***Spoilers***

I love Nick Cannon. These kind of shows need someone like him to ease the embarrassment of getting rejected (especially by those who actually think they're good).

The opera singer was a sweet guy. Glad to see he's going to Vegas.

Okay, that Kim person with a bowtie (singing opera)...male or female? Looked very male but they kept saying she.
    Last edited by dagwood; 05-15-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I love Nick Cannon. These kind of shows need someone like him to ease the embarrassment of getting rejected (especially by those who actually think they're good).
    Nick Cannon is amazing. I just adore him. He's got such a great personality, and he's smart. Plus he has just the right way of handling contestants - both the good ones and the not-so-good ones. He is a big part of why the show works.

I have to say, I've been impressed by Howard. I wasn't sure about him as a good choice, but I've enjoyed him. He's shown a human side. Plus he's been fairly kind and respectful. I think the current judges + Nick are a really good fit. I was burning out on the show, but I'm watching this season.

Nick better take care of his health, though!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Reg. the father-daughter team ... the one with the large You Tube following (young girl and dad plays guitar) ... does anyone know where the mom is? The dad doesn't wear a wedding ring.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-15-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    karalott and jadewarlock like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

David Garibaldi was amazing! Hope to see more.

Thoughts on some of the other advancements:

The LCD Dancers I found more funny than anything, but I kind of liked them. The magic act with the guy sawed in half and then playing the piano was pretty awesome.

The impressionist Dave was pretty good, too. When he did Jack Black he even looked like him.

Granny G - I liked her, but not her act.

Luiz the opera singer was okay but definitely not the best this show's seen. I would have liked Tim's performance more if he chose a different song to sing. Plus it seemed pretty short to me.

I wasn't a big fan of Turf. I don't like what he did and don't really want to see it again.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 05-16-2012 at 02:39 AM.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

Howard is doing a good job, I like him.

So far I see no contenders for the win.

The opera singer was not that good! I don't get all the praise.

I am looking forward to seeing the entire act of the magician who sawed the guy in half.

I like Nick when I see him in interviews but I am not fond of him on this show. I find him frantic and distracting.

Granny with the walker, no.

The only dance troop that caught my interest were the ones dressed in black with white gloves. The illuninated dancers (dinasaurs) were no better than similar acts in the past. They were excellent but to say they brought this dance form to a different level was not accurate.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    David Garibaldi was amazing! Hope to see more.

Thoughts on some of the other advancements:

The LCD Dancers I found more funny than anything, but I kind of liked them. The magic act with the guy sawed in half and then playing the piano was pretty awesome.

The impressionist Dave was pretty good, too. When he did Jack Black he even looked like him.

Granny G - I liked her, but not her act.

Luiz the opera singer was okay but definitely not the best this show's seen. I would have liked Tim's performance more if he chose a different song to sing. Plus it seemed pretty short to me.

I wasn't a big fan of Turf. I don't like what he did and don't really want to see it again.
    I'm glad you are here, JohnnyK, as you remember everyone's names for me.

David Garibaldi was amazing, agreed. Hard to imagine anyone beating him out. And yup, that impressionist was good - fun to watch - but I concur with the judges that he does have to "up" his content if he wants to win. Not sure that I would resort to schmuck though as Howard suggested... Totally agree about Granny G: I think the judges just felt she deserved a Vegas vacation. And the opera singer has a big heart, but I don't think he has the talent to go the distance.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK
    What didn't you like? The dancing, his personality or the contortions?

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I'm glad you are here, JohnnyK, as you remember everyone's names for me.
    *snipped*
    Me too. His memory for names, acts, challenges, tribal councils and placings impress me. Yay Johnny!

I thought Granny G was hilarious. She isn't a million dollar act, but with Betty White in demand right now this was a good time for Granny to audition. She's a youngster compared to Betty. I think she'll be around after Vegas but not much longer than that.
    karalott and Baby's Breath like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. Special = big Al..as in Big Al's toy barn from toy story!!! He's real!! Lol
    karalott likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I missed the second hour of last night's show so I'll need to catch up on that. I'm also glad to have Johnny K around, because sometimes those acts go by so fast I can't keep track!

I wish they'd show more of the better acts vs the bad ones. I'm sort of over the whole 'bad audition for ratings' as it is, although I don't think this show can be as cruel to the rejects. The lady last night who came out and (tried) to sing r&b I thought was going to blow us away. She did, but not in a good way. I liked how Nick came out and tried to help her. That's what I love about him. He doesn't make the acts feel any worse about themselves and doesn't try to chase them down to get a soundbite of them crying and cussing out the judges.

I liked the 14 year singer (I think she sang Whitney?) She was in the montage of acts that they flipped through so I didn't catch the song she sang, but she seemed quite good. However, I'm with those that think some of these acts already showed their best stuff or who won't have what it takes to win in the end. I liked the magic act as well where the sawed-in-half guy played the piano. The judges have said in the past they're always looking for a magic act with a twist instead of the same old tricks, so I think that qualified in a big way. Can't wait to see what else they can do. That was really the only act that impressed me, aside from the girl singer. The guy who balanced, I'd like to see what else he can do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast