• 1 Post By karalott
  • 1 Post By BuckeyeAddict
  • 2 Post By greyhoundmom
  • 1 Post By Little Sew&Sew
  • 1 Post By jadewarlock

Thread: Agt 2012

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Agt 2012

Anybody going to be watching? It begins tomorrow. I hear many people are unhappy about Howard Stern's entrance. But I myself am curious to see what he'll be like on the show.

And is this show really going to be covered now that it's up here? Yay if so.

Hoping a non-singer wins already. Let's get a dance group or something. One that's actually good.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Agt 2012

Count me among those who won't be watching because of Howard Stern. I choose not to spend any of my leisure time watching shows with him in them. I always feel like I need a shower after listening to his filthy mouth. It's been bad enough to have Lisa Lampenelli on Celebrity Apprentice.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm home tomorrow night, and was debating whether to tune into DWTS even though it's Maks-less but watch with my FORT peeps liiiive (since I usually have to follow along with the commentary), or tune into AGT, since I'm pretty much over DWTS this season and ready for it to be done. I don't care for howard Stern in the slightest, however, curiousity does have the best of me. So if that was the reason he cast, they got me there I had read on another site from someone who went to one of the tapings, and they said Howard really took his job seriously as a judge, was respectful and useful with his feedback and decisions. Howie annoys me, but this is the only TV judging panel that doesn't have me FF through it or wanting to throw the remote at the TV and hope that maybe they really can feel it.

I also hope that they go for more variety acts, and not just singers. What's it been, 7 season, 6 singers, and the only successful act to ever come out of this was Terry Fator, a non-singer. Jackie Evanco seems to be doing pretty well, but wasn't she already an accomplished singer before coming in second on here? I also wish they'd put in acts that legitamately could be Vegas acts. As adorable as the kiddie acts are, if it's strictly kids, I have a hard time believing they'll win.

Since the Olympics are happening this summer, will AGT be on a hiatus until they're done?
    jucamer likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I am no Howard Stern fan by a long-shot, but I have a feeling I may like a restrained Howard Stern. I believe, as karalott stated, that he would take this seriously. And as this is a family show, he knows that if he wants this job, he has to play by the rules - lax as they have gotten. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I can always turn it off!
    karalott likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I'll chime in from the other side of the fence

I love Howard Stern, listen almost every day, and I can't wait to see how he does on AGT. As a daily listener, I can say that he is taking his AGT judging job very seriously and I think he will surprise those who give him a chance.
    karalott and BuckeyeAddict like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

AGT has always been one of those shows that I viewed only when I had nothing else to do. I have never been a big fan of this show, probably because it comes too close to the finish of American Idol and by the time that show is over, I've had enough! While it is more diverse than Idol, many of these "talents" are really just quirks - which are not worthy of a show in Vegas.

With the addition of Howard Stern, I know now that I will not waste any of my time watching this. Can't believe they even considered him for as judge, let alone hiring him and paying him whatever figure was close enough to the $20 million he originally wanted to have him accept.
    AZChristian likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I am no Howard Stern fan by a long-shot, but I have a feeling I may like a restrained Howard Stern. I believe, as karalott stated, that he would take this seriously. And as this is a family show, he knows that if he wants this job, he has to play by the rules - lax as they have gotten. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I can always turn it off!
    Or just FF through him. I usually skip some of the audition episodes, because I feel AGT is the show that never ends by the time it's done. Joel McHale often refers to it as "we're in the 14,000 week on AGT" when he recaps for The Soup. I've never listened to Howard and don't care to start, because his humor and commentary aren't for me. But this is primetime TV, and, as you stated, a family friendly show. So I'm sure NBC has had a chat with him and if they wound up having to bleep every other word out of his mouth, he probably would have been canned. I have to say I never expected Howard Stern to be judging a reality show like this I'll miss Piers, but I do love Sharon. And Nick is one of my favorite hosts, behind Tom Bergeron (the absolute greatest, imo), and Phil Keoghan.

I'll watch, mostly because I'd like to see if Stern can be tactful and respectful. He'll definitely watch his language (because too many bleeps to keep the FCC from fining NBC will wear out his welcome), but I think he can be tactful.

That said, I PROMISE you that if Howie DARES call bounce juggling five balls onto a piano board and keeping in time to the song the SAME THING as mouth blowing one ping pong ball onto a keyboard (which BTW isn't juggling), I'll get on Twitter and correct him several times over because that was sheer moronity last season. Peachock I felt should've made the semis and may have made the finals had Howie not been such a moron there.

And yes - if they have one more singer winner, I say change the name from "America's Got Talent" to "America's Got Singers - other acts aren't 'Talent'" The judges DO NOT HELP people realize that talent comes in all shapes and sizes - and worse, all three do not at least primarily sing - two are talk show hosts now and one is a comedian.
    karalott likes this.

+ Reply to Thread