+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 discussion

FORT Fan

Re: Top 10 discussion

Shoepie,

No, I would not pay money to see Neal sing. I WOULD pay money to see Nuttin' but Strings. Now that was an awesome duo. I would probably not pay a dollar to see Caitlyn sing -- she was sweet but I could find kids just as cute who could sing just as well right here in my small-ish town. I'd have to search far and wide though to find 2 guys with the talent of Nuttin' But Strings (I do wish they'd change their name to something a bit more elegant).

We were shocked as well in our house that Nuttin' But Stringz didn't win. I would pay to see them and so would my husband. We rarely agree on music we like together. We always fast forwarded thru the sob stories so I didn't really know anything about Neal E. Boyd. I did know that NBS was electrifying and I hope they get a contract somewhere.

Who is John Galt?

Totally shocked that Neal Boyd won. No way will he be able to draw ticket sales for people to watch him sing (and boo-hoo) for 1-1/2 hrs. One song with or without the tears is enough for me. But the constant crying is a huge turn-off!!!

Nuttin But Strings should have been first - I would pay to see them.
    Eli Mattson could have won too - I also would pay to see him.
    Donald Braswell was my third choice - he handsome and has a beautiful voice. However, he is more suited to the stage and I am thrilled for him that Andrew Lloyd Webber is interested. I can just imagine him singing in Kismet. And, I'd pay to see him in a stage musical.
    IMO - Queen Emily and Neal Boyd should have been the final two. But, I'd prefer her over him.

Not the best outcome. I hope all those people who voted him first are willing to go to Vegas to see him and pay the big bucks, but I doubt it!

FORT Fogey

Last night was very surprising. I never would have guessed Queen Emily would have gotten 5th AND I was almost 100% sure that Nuttin' but Strings would have won. Eli was in the correct spot IMO.

I would have liked it to be:
    Donald Braswell (5th)
    Neal Boyd (4th)
    Queen Emily (3rd)
    Eli (2nd)
    Nuttin' but Strings- winner

I could tell that the lighter skinned of Nuttin' felt really robbed, and rightfully so.

Neal seems nice and does have a beautiful voice, but as others have said, the constant water works started to grate. 1 mill paid over 40 years really isn't that much money, so I hope he invests it wisely.

Overall, it was an entertaining season and much better than in the past.

To the Point

My husband and I agreed with the rest of you...NBS should have won. They are the only ones that I would have paid to see...well..maybe Eli. NBS just had a magic about them.

FORT Fogey

What a horrible season. Either America does NOT have talent or the producers and judges blew it big time.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3211622;
    What a horrible season. Either America does NOT have talent or the producers and judges blew it big time.
    The fault lies with the horrible judges, only one of which has any taste and that is Pers. Many of the acts they eliminated before the top 40 were better than many of those they finally chose. But, they probably didn't have that much to choose from either. Guess the truly talented try out for shows like Idol, SYTYCD, and Nashville Star.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3212595;
    The fault lies with the horrible judges, only one of which has any taste and that is Pers. .
    I agree--could not believe that the 4 year old kid and 'karate girl' went through, for instance. As for the final, I also wish Nuttin But Strings had won, and believe they can get a booking in Vegas anyway if that's what they want. I would not pay to see any of the other top five acts-- like everyone else here, I think Neal's crying at every performance was just too much, regardless of talent or lack of.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

I would like to know the average weight of the viewers who put Neal at the top. I have to believe that there was a kindred spirit factor at play.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3216032;
    I would like to know the average weight of the viewers who put Neal at the top. I have to believe that there was a kindred spirit factor at play.
    I personally don't think weight is an issue here. I think the audience's heartstrings are the issues. His constant tears and desire to impress his mother overroad any sort of objective assessment of who should win.

I would like to see the viewing demographic for this show. I think it would be telling. Age and sex must have a ton to do with the results.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast