+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 discussion

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Top 10 discussion

5th place: Queen Emily
    4th place: Donald Braswell
    3rd place: Nuttin' but Stringz
    2nd place: Eli Mattson
    WINNER: Neal E. Boyd

I was really surprised that Nuttin' but Stringz didn't win! As I've said before, I would have been happy with anyone winning but I thought Nuttin' but Stringz was more Vegas than the others.

I know reading the fine print in the credits it said that the million dollars would be paid out over 40 years!

Tickets for the Vegas show are $39.50-$99.50. I am confused about one thing and maybe someone here can help me....originally I thought that the winner would be performing in Vegas (like Terry Fator) but now I'm under the impression that they are only performing that one night in Vegas, along with the other contestants from the Top 5 and that's it.

Link Here

America's Got Talent, the #1 rated show on television, today announced plans to bring a spectacular live stage version of the international phenomenon to Las Vegas for one night only. On Friday, October 17th, America's Got Talent Live will debut at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, featuring the dynamic top five competitors from season three of the show; the program's winner, crowned at the show's October 1st finale, is set to headline. This exciting night of entertainment, promoted by AEG Live, will feature host Jerry Springer and a special guest performance from Terry Fator, the multi-talented winner of season two, as well as several more of the show's hottest stars, in addition to the Top 5 finalists, to be announced shortly....
    I wonder if Neal will continue to be an AFLAC agent? I told my S.O. that hopefully AFLAC will have him perform at the next national convention and hopefully we will be there!

I enjoyed this season and to the Top 5 for a job well done...I hope to read that they all do well with their future endeavors!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

What is the order, west coaster in a hotel - thanks.

thanks got it

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3209910;
    5th place: Queen Emily
    4th place: Donald Braswell
    3rd place: Nuttin' but Stringz
    2nd place: Eli Mattson
    WINNER: Neal E. Boyd
    Also, each got a special video message from a star. Brian McKnight told Queen Emily that he hoped that they could sing together someday. Marc Cohn told Eli that he wanted to write a song for him. Andrew Lloyd Webber told Donald that he wanted to work with him.

They're all winners and will go on to successful careers!

FORT Fan

I was so disappointed that Nuttin' But Strings didn't win. Neal does seem like a nice guy though.

I think N.B.S. will still do well with their musical career though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne;3210077;
    I was so disappointed that Nuttin' But Strings didn't win. Neal does seem like a nice guy though.

I think N.B.S. will still do well with their musical career though.
    I was shocked, judges too, that Nuttin But Strings did not win. They were the only act that would have worked in Vegas.

Neal is a good singer but would you pay to see him sing and cry? I surely would not.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I agree that any of the 5 could have done it, but I was still surprised that Neal won. I was super surprised that Queen Emily was 5th and what about Nuttin but Stringz?!

Must concur with all of you...I think that the top 5 were all talented, and most will go on to other opportunities. I was shocked that Neil E. Boyd won ...I think that America fell in love with "him" and "his story" not so much his talent....I for one would not pay $50.00 + $ for a seat in Vegas to listen to him sing & cry (not that he isn't truly talented---just not my "listening" choice) I think that people voted because he was great person to root for...

I think that the only ones who could really front a show in Vegas would have been nuttin but strings...or Eli...JMHO

However, I think as previously stated, they will all go on to "fabulous careers darling"

I am not surprised that Don Braswell and Queen Emily went first, for me they were good but not outstanding. Didn't think Neal Boyd would win not because he isn't good, he is.

I never got all that excited about Neal. He's no Paul Potts, and his problems with vibrato and breathing really got on my nerves. I liked him, just didn't think his talent was up to snuff with Eli or NBS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast