+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 discussion

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Top 10 discussion

I was really sorry that Joseph Hall (Elvis) didn't make it through - I thought he was great and I could see myself paying to see him in Vegas.

I think Eli writes his own songs, also. I'd buy his CD - LOVE his voice!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

This show is a joke. They spent 2 to 2 1/2 months showing the judges forwarding contestants to Vegas, then each week they cut people. Instead of letting the top 10 compete for a few weeks, they BOOM cut the competition in half and the following week there is a winner. Don't like this format at all. It is STUPID.

Who is John Galt?

Those five are the ones who should be there - they were definitely the best of the bunch, hands down! I think they should have an act where all five perform, rather than picking just one. That would be a wonderful 1-2 hrs and would be enjoyed by everyone.
    Last edited by aname2; 09-22-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Premium Member

Nuttin but Strings just performed amazing, I really think they will win this. The crowd was just going crazy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Numbers to vote: (10 votes per phone line/email address)

1-866-602-48

01: Nuttin but Stringz
    02: Donald Braswell
    03: Neal E. Boyd
    04: Eli Mattson
    05: Queen Emily

I thought they all did really good....I am so proud of this Top 5...America got it right!

That being said, I really believe that Nuttin' but Stringz will win this competition. I would be happy with any of them winning but they are the act I could definitely see performing in Vegas! The crowd went absolutely wild after they performed! Hopefully the others will get some type of offers.....

Finale next Wednesday!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

bbnbama, I agree about nuttin but stringz. I was blown away by all of them. I thought Neal did a credible job with Nessum Dorma , Queen Emily did herself proud, Eli and Don blew themselves away, but Nuttin was electrifying.

I thought that Neal did NOT do well with Nessun dorma. The pacing was too fast, pronounciation was weird (disclaimer-I don't speak Italian, but I listen to Nessun dorma a lot), and he sang an abbreviated version (two lines were omitted, so I don't think that it was for brevity.) He also seemed to be singing in too high a key through the early part.

Pity, he has a beautiful voice, but he sure missed last night.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Newf, I guess I was hoping all along that he would be the next "Paul Potts", but it at least was credible. Maybe not outstanding, but better than what I would do. What did you think about the others?

America votes. Neal E. Boyd wins.

Neal was in my Top 3, but I am shocked that Nuttin' But Strings went so early and didn't win. Also, I couldn't believe that Queen Emily was 5th.

Oh well, at least I guessed that it would be Placido Domingo giving video kudos to Neal.

P.S. I cried with Neal (gotta love a man who sings like that, cries like that, and gives a shoutout to his Mom).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast