+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: Top 10 discussion

Nuttin but Strings is my choice. Dancers, acrobats, pryotechnics and light displays for a back drop gives them lots of potential for a splashy Vegas show.

Why on earth didn't Sharon and Dave support Piers plea to the voters to let Kaitlyn go this time around?

So who will be the top 5?

The Wright kids, Sinatra and Elvis will be dropped.

Nutting but Strings and Eli will make it. The rest is a guess. Kaitlyn will probably be there.

When is the finale, October 15? Jerry S. was talking about the finals next Wednesday then he mentioned October 15, it was confusing.

Thanks.

Premium Member

The top 5 are:

Nuttin but Strings
    Neal E. Boyd
    Queen Emily
    Donald Braswell
    Eli Mattson.

The finale is next week wow that was fast.

To the Point

That is the correct Top 5. I really like Nuttin but Strings, but then both my kids play stinged instruments. I love the way they are so innovative in their style and approach to each performance.

So glad the kids are gone. They so didn't belong in the Top 20.

FORT Fogey

Didn't watch at all this week because I was soooo mad that the 4-year old went through and not the Baton Twirler.

Those on the top 5 are about equal in their appeal for me. Winning this would turn the lives around for all of them. Too bad they can't split the prize.

Regarding the judging....I would wager hard-earned cash that the judging is scripted and designed to create drama for the show. However, it is all very transparent and they've made horrible choices. the judges seem way more authentic on the British version.

And even thought the judges were the same last season, they seem much more phony this year than last. Maybe it's because they know the talent pretty much sucks and they feel the need to entertain us. Whatever it is, it ain't real.

They'd do so much better if they didn't go for the drama but instead the talent.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3201064;
    When is the finale, October 15? Jerry S. was talking about the finals next Wednesday then he mentioned October 15, it was confusing.

Thanks.
    The finale is Wednesday the 24th but the October 15th date is when the winner will appear at the MGM Grand in Vegas!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

AGT is going to have a tough go of it next week against DWTS. At least they got a Top 5 that are worth watching. I could imagine the horror if the Top 5 included the two tribute acts and Kaitwin.

I like any of the 5-they were my picks as well. I don't think I'd be upset over any of them winning. If we're rooting for the next Vegas act, Nuttin' But Strings would be the pick. If we're rooting for the one who will sell the most cd's, who knows. It all depends on your choice of music.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3201002;
    Why can't we have more than a final 5? I would love to see Neal, Queen, Donald, Eli, Nuttin But Strings, & Joseph Hall in finale. Nuttin But Strings are so talented I'll be surprised if they don't take it all. But how great to see the others get far enough to follow their dreams to stardom. Neal wow's me when he signs opera. Queen E is so versatile. Eli was terrific on piano last night & reminds me of Billy Joel. My Texas boy Donald Braswell does us proud & I hope he will get Broadway or other offers and I absolutely love....Joseph Hall who takes me back to my youthful crush on Elvis so hope he makes top five and will sing...... VIVA LAS VEGAS and rock the house!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd like to see a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place structure where all 3 get at least some cash prize at the end. Same with Idol.

FORT Fogey

Will anyone really go pay a hefty price to hear an unknown singer perform songs by others? I don't think so. Perhaps they would place them as the opening act for a big name. I don't think they could expect much more.

The only act I can see making a bit of a splash is Nuttin But Strings. They would have to back them up with some talented dancers and technical wizzardry to sustain 90 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast