+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 20 discussion

Top 20 discussion

Just one thought from last night (9/2)... can they bring Elite back to kick the bejeezus out of the first five acts? Hard to believe they had this cr@p in the Top 40. The Texas gals were painful to watch, and wazzerface drag queen opera singer was painful to hear.

Premium Member

Re: Top 20 discussion

Who were the first 5 acts to make it? I missed it. Thanks

FORT Fogey

Did anyone watch the baton twirler yesterday? I missed his act but loved him the first round. I know he made it through but I'm dying to know what the judges had to say - esp. Pierce.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-03-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Premium Member

They really seemed to love the baton twirler, am glad he made it thru. Also glad that Sick Step made it thru by the judges go Hok and Ryan from SYTYCD.

The baton twirler was very good.

Who is John Galt?

The 9/2 10 acts were a disaster. The one two good ones IMO were the baton twirler and the pretty blond girl singer. The rest stunk.

FORT Fogey

Thanks for letting me know that I don't have to feel sad for the baton twirler!

Yeah, the talent is pretty slim this year, and I think about who they sent home and who we are forced to watch right now.

Right now, I'm for Eli, either of the two young pretty blond girls, queen Emily, Donald Braswell, the baton twirler, and the rocker violinists. I'm glad the judges keep asking if the performances are something an audience would pay $100 for an hour to see. That puts it into context for me - and on those grounds....I think I could see Vegas acts for the baton twirler and Queen Emily. I'd enjoy seeing the others but not for $100 and perhaps not for a whole hour.

I missed a couple of the results. Can someone post the confirmed Top 20s? I guess we won't know the last 5 until Tuesday.

I was really impressed with the baton twirler. He was the best I've ever seen-he really "upped" his act and would really fit in w/Vegas.

I have been underwhelmed with the acts this year. It seems that they are stressing the "back story" over substance this year. I think it was right that the 2nd grade teacher didn't go on, altho' I thought he was better than the zoo whatevers. We'll see. And what's with Sharon telling (only) a few of the contestnats not to talk back?! I could see it if they were cursing or being really rude, but that's their only chance to stick up for themselves.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;3189918;
    I missed a couple of the results. Can someone post the confirmed Top 20s? I guess we won't know the last 5 until Tuesday.
    Not sure of the rules for posting websites, so...visit "rhymes with lick-a-ped-ia". It's a great resource for finging out rankings on realtiy shows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast