+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 20 discussion

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Top 20 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3191001;
    Not sure of the rules for posting websites, so...visit "rhymes with lick-a-ped-ia". It's a great resource for finging out rankings on realtiy shows.
    <snort> Good one!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

Well, I know I'm about 1 out of 3 people watching this show right now. But I just had to go online and express my dismay that Katelyn got through over Brian and the Tina Turner impersonator. I'd probably wring the neck of anyone who said this about my kids, so I apologize in advance to her parents, but while she is cute, she has a blank look about her that makes her anything but engaging, and her voice was way too out of tune last week to warrant moving on. I could stomach an hour of Brian and Tina (in fact they might make a good act together!) but I can barely take 2 minutes of Katelyn.

All of this is my personal taste of course. I am obviously in the minority as she did advance.

Oh, and "Go 'Nuttin' but Strings, Eli, Donald and the Tapping Dads" (my four favorites from this year - and in that order).
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-09-2008 at 08:25 PM.

So far, two good performances. Tomorrow will be a snooze fest by comparison.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;3193889;
    So far, two good performances. Tomorrow will be a snooze fest by comparison.
    Indeed. I have my favorites, but only the baton twirler does it for me in a big way.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-09-2008 at 09:11 PM.

I think the James Gang and soldier boy blew it big time last night. My picks to go through - Queen, Neil, Kids, Cadence, and EDFX/country gal/Sinatra. If it comes down to judges choice between the last three, I'd suspect they'd let Sinatra or the dancers through.

For tonight, I see the two male singers making it through with the twirler and Nuttin but Strings. 5th slot, anyone's guess but I suspect our 4 year old might snag the 10th slot. Pity.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

My favs were the Cadence, Neil, Queen Emily, and the dancers. I liked the 3 kids, but I wish they'd do what they normally do-I love that music!

I also was perplexed that Katelyn got through. Sure, she's probably the best singer of her age group, but she is typical for her age. I think she's a little overwhelmed when she's on stage, and rightly so. And the adults joking with her-they should just stop because she doesn't get the jokes!

Katelyn is very talented for a 4 year old but to win, she won't, sorry.

Queen Emily is good, last week I thought they over praised her, she was much better this week, Thought her vocals were off in the beginning of the song last night but she pulled the middle, ending off.

The 3 kids are good, the siblings, the older sister and her younger brothers. The younger boy looks so serious, cute.

The 6 men on drums were very good but they need vocals.

Don't think 1 act can do Vegas and make it there. Shows are expensive in Vegas and would people be willing to pay to see them, so far I say NO.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I thought last night's show was the best! No, not all of the acts were good, but we got through them. I thought the acts were a lot better than the night before. And then to be able to find out tonight at 8 who will be going throught to the top 10-be still my heart!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3195708;
    I thought last night's show was the best! No, not all of the acts were good, but we got through them. I thought the acts were a lot better than the night before. And then to be able to find out tonight at 8 who will be going throught to the top 10-be still my heart!
    I missed it. Who did you like best?

FORT Fan

The performance last week by Nuttin' But Strings is probably my favorite performance ever on America's Got Talent. It was awesome & both my 9-year-old daughter and I have played it back several times. They were good last night too, but it was hard to top last week's performance. I can't imagine their being voted off tonight...

Kaitlyn is sweet but I could go to any pre-school talent show and have a 1 in 2 chance of someone just as cute singing in a similar style. JMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast