+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS** (AGT 2008)

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS** (AGT 2008)

Do anyone have any clue why we were constantly teased with an appearance by "The Kinsey Sicks"--those four outrageously dressed drag queens who sing live--but never saw an audition or any kind of participation by them?
    Last edited by Jeff H; 08-06-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling errors

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles;3157297;
    Last night was the cut from @100 acts to 60 acts. On Thurs. 8/7, they will cut from 60 to the 40 acts who will go to Hollywood to perform.

I would bet that the "kids" will be cut on Thurs. And so will the Army guy and a few of the impersonators. They will have to get serious when they get down to the 40 acts that will go to the performance shows.

I agree: they really dragged out the audition shows. It is probably a "scheduling" thing, so that they could start the performance shows AFTER the Olympics are over. I hope the show gets a lot better then. I am tired of all the tears and drama!

Thanks. We have a loooooong way to go. I thought they were down further.

I can't see a singer winning this. Most of my friends sing beautifully, certainly as well as what I saw last night. A good voice is not enough and some of them weren't that good, either. There has to be something else to win a slot in Vegas. Beauty, showmanship, some hook. Something that makes you want to step away from the slots, pay money and watch. We need another fat black singer like we need another skinny blonde actress.

We have not been shown all of the acts and I hope they have some surprises in store because no one last night is worth a second glance.

Last edited by shoepie; 08-06-2008 at 03:38 PM.

I like the Russian Bar Trio (where the gal is bounced way up in the air and lands on the 4" bar).

Some of the variety acts with dancers might be entertaining; the DC Cowboys are fun and the group of teenage dancers looks interesting.

I want to see the Zooperstars perform; they are the giant balloons that dance around.

The male singer, Eli Mattson, who wears a cap and plays the piano, seems very popular.

I bet at least one of the opera guys makes it to the top 40. I like the salesman who lost his voice and Neal Boyd (even though he cries too much).

I think the four-year-old girl is adorable--I love the way she pronounces her r's as w's--but is she worth a million dollars and a Vegas contract? No way. They cut Victoria the contortionist, and the young dancer (forget his name) but kept the child singers? Neither of them has enough talent to actually sell CDs, at least, not right now. The impersonators who lip-sync aren't worth a million, either, although they'd be okay in a revue of similar entertainers. At least "Elvis" and "Sinatra" actually sing themselves.

This year, I haven't seen ANY acts that consistently wow me. Unless they're saving them up to surprise us in the competition rounds, America seems to have very little talent.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys;3157416;
    I think the four-year-old girl is adorable--I love the way she pronounces her r's as w's--but is she worth a million dollars and a Vegas contract? No way. They cut Victoria the contortionist, and the young dancer (forget his name) but kept the child singers? Neither of them has enough talent to actually sell CDs, at least, not right now. The impersonators who lip-sync aren't worth a million, either, although they'd be okay in a revue of similar entertainers. At least "Elvis" and "Sinatra" actually sing themselves.

This year, I haven't seen ANY acts that consistently wow me. Unless they're saving them up to surprise us in the competition rounds, America seems to have very little talent.
    I agree. Last year Terry Fator got me hooked on the show, but this year I haven't seen one act that I would pay to watch. I've mainly been TiVoing the show and fast forwarding. It isn't worth more than 10 minutes of my time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3157463;
    I agree. Last year Terry Fator got me hooked on the show, but this year I haven't seen one act that I would pay to watch. I've mainly been TiVoing the show and fast forwarding. It isn't worth more than 10 minutes of my time.
    I do the same thing. There is a ridiculous amount of filler. I definately pause to hear what Sharon says. I like her immensely. She is the reason I even bother with this show. I appreciate Piers, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys;3157416;
    I think the four-year-old girl is adorable--I love the way she pronounces her r's as w's--but is she worth a million dollars and a Vegas contract? No way. They cut Victoria the contortionist, and the young dancer (forget his name) but kept the child singers? Neither of them has enough talent to actually sell CDs, at least, not right now. to have very little talent.
    The young kids are adorable but there is no way they will win.

FORT Fogey

Connie Talbot holds the cutest-child-ever award. The 4-year old is cute, but not endearing. Maybe it's because she is just too young.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12