+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (AGT 2008)

Re: 7/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (AGT 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3094925;
    He made me cry, though. the Hoff is right. He's going to win the hearts of everyone watching.
    Not everyone The pseudo-competition is supposed to be about talent, and the kid didn't have it. I wouldn't cross the street to catch his performance. Same thing with the 4-year-old girl--would you cough up $$ to see her perform? More than once??

As long as I'm ranting, I don't give a hoot in hell about about the contestants' life histories. "Vote for me! I've had adversity in my life!" Get in line, we ALL have.

We now return you to our less-caffeinated posters . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Oh I don't think the little guy will make it past the Vegas rounds but I, unlike you Newf , love the backstories! I'm a sucker for a sob story!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Argh. I just noticed this morning that I have a double post (oh, the shame!!) when it's too late to edit and/or delete it. *sigh*

I like the stories of adversity to a point, but they don't (or shouldn't) trump talent. I just think that the judges didn't want to be the ones to tell a little kid "No." I said, when he strted singing, "Of course they're going to send him on." They'll leave the dirty work to the voting viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3094315;
    Hey! It's Kellie Pickler!

Nope. It's just a Kellie Doppleganger.

Feh.
    Thought she sang well but that accent, did she purposely exaggerate it? At the end, when she got through to Vegas, her accent didn't sound that heavy.

I wish the sword swallower hadn't gotten through. Hoff was an idiot for buzzing when he did, though. Way to try to kill contestants

I liked the little kid singing Ben. He won't win, but a little cute doesn't hurt.

Busty McWhoozit was just wrong.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

dcamonkeys - is your hubby really 7'3" tall? That's how tall the "giant" guy was. Wow!

I cried over the little boy at the end, too. Such a cutie.

I thought Busty's um, "enhancements" were fake at first and that she was gonna pop 'em or something. Did you see those smashed beer cans?!?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3098316;
    dcamonkeys - is your hubby really 7'3" tall? That's how tall the "giant" guy was. Wow!
    Oops. I thought that he said 6'3", and I wondered why that was so gigantic. Never mind. [/Roseanne Roseannadanna]

Did anyone ever find out the name of that 11 year old piano player?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3095341;
    Not everyone The pseudo-competition is supposed to be about talent, and the kid didn't have it. I wouldn't cross the street to catch his performance. Same thing with the 4-year-old girl--would you cough up $$ to see her perform? More than once??

As long as I'm ranting, I don't give a hoot in hell about about the contestants' life histories. "Vote for me! I've had adversity in my life!" Get in line, we ALL have.

We now return you to our less-caffeinated posters . . .
    I'm with you. As cute as the two kids were, neither was super talented or even engaging.

I also agree with the "get in line" approach. Although, I don't think the contestants plug it as much as the producers do.

No, if you want to see a cute and engaging child, visit YTube and search for Connie Talbot videos. While you're there, chekc out Paul Potts the opera singer. Both are extremely talented and very engaging.

Now that I think about it, I think I like the British version better than the USA version - at least what I saw on YTube.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12