+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (AGT 2008)

Re: 6/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (AGT 2008)

Thanks, famita--I wondered if that was his act from the sparkly shirt and the long case that he had. A lot of the acts are train wrecks, but it's worth it when we see the truly talented and amazing, or the adorable like the little 4-year-old.

The opera singer at the end seemed to wow the judges and the audience, but he doesn't come close to last year's Britain's Got Talent winner, Paul Potts. The only other acts I liked were the baton twirler, the 4 year old (only for the cute factor - she couldn't sustain a full act), and the violin act.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys;3063570;
    Did you mean Boy Shakira?
    Don't you recall (or is it too dark a memory)? It went from one to the other.

Best Week Ever » Blog Archive » ICYMI: It’s Boy Britney, B*tch!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Finally watched the remaining hour and a half of this show....good god...that was a long time. What the heck was wrong with the audience in Chicago? WOW, they were evil and vicious and just mean.

I wasn't at all impressed with the 4-year old. I feel mean saying that but she wasn't good. She changed notes a bunch of time and even screeched at the very end, not that you could hear much over the screaming of the audience. There should definitely be an age limit on this show. She got a pass because the judges didn't want to buzz a baby. Speaking of babies....shame on her parents for dragging her out there so THEY could have their 15 minutes of fame and make a buck off their child. If she really is that good? Then get her in classes and let her grow up, for crying out loud, before shoving her into the spotlight. The whole thing disgusted me.

Speaking of disgusting.....the last guy? The Britney impersonator? Both awful. Sorry but just because you cried on tv about your mama and then proceeded to sing mediocre doesn't and shouldn't give you an automatic pass. Isn't Vegas FULL of impersonators? So lets send another one that really wasn't that good (although I did love the black roots.....)

Yep, I'm cranky. I'm cranky that I didn't get to see that 15 year old girl belt it out. I'm cranky that I didn't get to see most of the acts that made it through and looked so good just so they could show me the impersonator and the kid.

Anyways, still love this show and can't wait for next week!

(Just remembered the baton twirler...loved him because A: he was GOOD and B: because it was such a slap in the face to all those that were mean to him once upon a time)

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3064728;
    Don't you recall (or is it too dark a memory)? It went from one to the other.

Best Week Ever Ľ Blog Archive Ľ ICYMI: Itís Boy Britney, B*tch!
    Somehow, Krom, I managed to miss that little gem. Thanks so much for linking to it so I can share in the joy that is Boy Britney.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I LOVED the whole dang show! I'll admit that AGT is my summertime "guilty pleasure", but it's so dang much FUN!!!!

Shouldn't this show be moved up to the CURRENT section of FORT?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3067913;
    Well, I LOVED the whole dang show! I'll admit that AGT is my summertime "guilty pleasure", but it's so dang much FUN!!!!

Shouldn't this show be moved up to the CURRENT section of FORT?
    It's only moved up if there's a writer covering the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I can move it up near the top of the "Off The Air/Current Shows We Aren't Covering" section which should make it a little easier to find and perhaps encourage more conversation in the forum
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cha;3063686;
    People went to his live show on stage won't be surprised that he got this BIG contract. I was lucky saw his show early this year when he came to San Diego. It was a sold out show. Terry with his "las Vegas 7-man band" and, of course all his endearing "partners" gave us a wonderful non-stop one and half hour show. The show's quality was just unbelivable. The live band compliments Terry's well organized performance nicely. The show mixed good music with humor (I laughed so hard my tears kept coming) and Terry's genuine, witty personality shined on stage. What a performer!
    The extra half-hour opening act was Bobby Snapfingers. He was very good and funny. Good opening! Terry sang a few of his own songs, he has a very nice voice. He mentioned that he got a multimillion dollar contract at Las Vegas.
    Wow. I was a doubter, but I guess not??? This is such good news. Terry is a phenomenal talent. He's a perfect fit in Vegas. Love that Bobby Snapfingers is with him. He belongs in Vegas, too.

While each of them is very talenated, they are sooo lucky to have had the AGT platform to be able to show the world.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3069085;
    I can move it up near the top of the "Off The Air/Current Shows We Aren't Covering" section which should make it a little easier to find and perhaps encourage more conversation in the forum
    Thank you, oh great Fluffster!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234