+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (AGT 2008)

Re: 6/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (AGT 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3062831;
    from the oldest contestant 80 yrs old who they didn't put thru, to a 4 yr old singer named Kaitlin
    Apparently Britain's Got Talent had a cute lil' 6 year old singing girl, but AGT's got that beat with a 4 year old.

Part of me questions how hard ANY 4 year old could be pushed to memorize and perform, but I suppose its premature to worry about Stage parents when we don't even know if the kid will last past the first set of eliminations in Vegas.

ChiTown next. That's gonna be a lot more homegrown acts--which could be both good AND bad.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

re: the Mommy Burlesque show...

Yup. As the ladies said.

Classy.

Riiiiight.

Next up: Crazy guitar guy.

...who they apparently wouldn't allow to do his A/V work BEFORE he came on stage.

Later: Dude looks like a lady...

Well, its better than "Boy Britney" at least.

Is he/she wearing a corset?
    Last edited by Krom; 06-17-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Just realized this started. I'm hoping I didn't miss a friend of mine perform. Someone please let me know if she has.

Shequida

She's an amazing opera singer and performer, and I hope she does well.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;3062946;
    Just realized this started. I'm hoping I didn't miss a friend of mine perform. Someone please let me know if she has.

Shequida

She's an amazing opera singer and performer, and I hope she does well.
    No sign that I've seen.

What city was her audition in (I'm assuming "she", since that appears to be her chosen performing gender)?

They've only shown New York, Chicago and L.A. And only a smattering of bad auditions and a few very good ones. Far from everyone who got through has been shown on air.

The last person they had was a Britney Spears crossdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3062961;
    No sign that I've seen.

What city was her audition in (I'm assuming "she", since that appears to be her chosen performing gender)?

They've only shown New York, Chicago and L.A. And only a smattering of bad auditions and a few very good ones. Far from everyone who got through has been shown on air.

The last person they had was a Britney Spears crossdresser.
    I saw the Britney wannabe.

She's a she when she is Shequida. Say that 5 times fast.

She auditioned in NY, and even if they showed a glimpse of her during the montage, you'd remember her.
    Last edited by muggle; 06-17-2008 at 10:50 PM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Hmm. We get Neil, the American version of Paul Potts. He even sang the same audition song ("Nessun Dorma").

Not sure if he's quite as good as Potts though. He's very good, at the least.

I love this show, its such a spectacular cheese fest. Last seasons winner, Terry, has really given this show a boost of credibility by getting that contract and I loved him last year. Didn't think he should win in the beginning but he eventually won me over. I really like the addition of the audience during the audition process.

Only got to see the first 30 minutes but will watch the rest today after work.....

The twins? There is an entire adult entertainment business that is eagerly awaiting their phone call. I thought they were joking when they first started singing and kept waiting to be let in on the joke and then their real voices would emerge....sighs....and they made it through.

A disco (?) dancing trombone player. They thought that was good? I've seen better street performers down in the French Quarter. He wasn't good.. at all...then again...they let the twins through.

LOVED Nuttin' but Strings. Loved their look, their sound, their vibe. Awesome. Don't think they will win but I didn't think Terry would last season either so what do I know?

Wish we could have seen more of the ones that made it through. The plastic band looked really good, the girl singing group sounded good, the chicken laying an egg looked like it would have been funny but we didn't get to enjoy them.

Did the guys break dancing that slide across the stage on their heads perform yet? They are from New Orleans and I'm really anxious to see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3062864;
    Later: Dude looks like a lady...

Well, its better than "Boy Britney" at least.
    Did you mean Boy Shakira? Because he was awful. Derek was better and looked more authentic, but I would have been more impressed had he actually sung and impersonated Britney. Dressing up to look like Britney, dancing and lip-syncing to her songs...well, I guess that's exactly what Britney does, isn't it?

I missed part of the show because I kept flipping back and forth between this and the AFI special, and missed the last 20 minutes entirely. I figure that I probably missed mostly the bad acts, since they seen to show more of them than those that make it through.

What kind of act did the boy whose mother was on stage with him have? She mentioned that he is in parades and she has words with his critics. LOL
    Last edited by dcamonkeys; 06-18-2008 at 09:53 AM.

He was a baton twirler-he did a great job! I didn't see any flubs at all!

I loved the opera singer, the 4 yr old (and the folks didn't appear to be stage parents), the Nuttun' But Strings, the cloggers w/today's moves.

I was stymied by the two girls who sang (to me) like Boris Karloff (and about as low) who thought they were the second coming. I guess they were tone deaf, too. I wonder if Leonid will be coming back. And the guy who did Brittney-he really is beautiful-he even got her dark hair roots!

I waited for this show-it was the best birthday present! Yes, it's schlocky, yes, it's gross at times, but where else can you see an 80 yr old tap dancing and a guy and his trombone dancing to beat the band?

cha

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3062671;
    Did they just CLAIM that last year's winner (the ventriloquist) got a $100 million dollar contract? I'm not sure I believe that. He wasn't really that spectacular.
    People went to his live show on stage won't be surprised that he got this BIG contract. I was lucky saw his show early this year when he came to San Diego. It was a sold out show. Terry with his "las Vegas 7-man band" and, of course all his endearing "partners" gave us a wonderful non-stop one and half hour show. The show's quality was just unbelivable. The live band compliments Terry's well organized performance nicely. The show mixed good music with humor (I laughed so hard my tears kept coming) and Terry's genuine, witty personality shined on stage. What a performer!
    The extra half-hour opening act was Bobby Snapfingers. He was very good and funny. Good opening! Terry sang a few of his own songs, he has a very nice voice. He mentioned that he got a multimillion dollar contract at Las Vegas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast