+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New season starts June 17th

New season starts June 17th

I just started watching this show last season, I just couldn't get behind it the first season but the last one made a fan out of me because I just loved the guy who won.

Anyways. New season starts soon and saw a preview clip of these guys from New Orleans doing some insane street dancing routines. I'm looking forward to them!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: New season starts June 17th

Woohoo! I can't wait! AGT is my "guilty summer pleasure".

Remember the guy that tried to start his act by leaping over several chairs, but missed & crashed & was hauled away in an ambulance? I wonder if he'll try again.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

HA! I remember him. The auditions for this show are awesome as are the judges faces they make while the really bad are trying out.

I watch this for the crazy Hoff love too. It cracks me up seeing the crowds and auctioneers reaction to David H. Maybe he will perform again, another crying because laughing so hard moment.

This is the best birthday present for me ever! I love this show! I love the acts! Wheeeeee! I can't wait for tonight.

Happy birthday!

Meant to say auditioneers and not auctioneers, dang blasted spell checker and early mornings don't mix.

I saw a clip of breakers from New Orleans that KILLED it. I'm looking forward to them and hope its not going to be a 2 second segment and then they get X'ed off.

So "Got Talent" isn't a covered show this time around?

I guess we can only make SO many "Hoff" burger jokes!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

There doesn't seem to be a thread for the current season of America Pretends to Have Talent, so I'll jump in here . . .

There is a very good tenor, Neal E. Boyd, who knocked some socks off in the auditions. It's hard to tell a lot from a 60-second excerpt, but he seemed to do quite well with Puccini's Nessun dorma.

PLEASE spare the world from kids on this show! There was a cute 4-year-old who sang something or other in the auditions, and way too many people (judging by you-tube comments) are totally smitten. SHE'S FOUR, and SOUNDS LIKE SHE'S FOUR! Who the hell would give a nickel to go to a four-year-old's concert??
    Last edited by Newfherder; 06-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf... you have no heart. That little girl isn't going to go all of the way, so let her keep going and have fun.

By the way... I was SHOCKED when I saw her dad. He used to work here at GM. He was my IS&S Project Manager when i first came back to Detroit.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I'm not so sure . . . a six-year-old was in the finals of Britain's Got Talent last summer

PS I do have a heart, it's where I store my cholesterol deposits

Sort of on the topic of kids singing . . . My ex-wife's five-year-old daughter was sitting on my lap looking at FORT avatars and naming what was in the pictures. We got to my avatar, and she said, "That's the singer you like . . . I'm better than she is." I told her that when she can give as moving a performance in La Traviata as the woman in my avatar, I'll use her picture.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I agree with you, Newfherder, she was a cutie but should not have gone on to the next round. Give her a decade and let her try again.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread