+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I must be in the minority here, but I like the fact that Boy Shakira and the Bollywood dancer made it through.

I think they are both genuine and hugely entertaining (although 3 minutes on a stage is plenty).

I have absolutely no problem with them advancing. I think the judges made good decisions across the board.

How can anyone find Boy Shakira entertaining? All you see is his/her/its fat jiggling like Jabba The Hut in a Jell-O commercial.

FORT Fan

My 14 year old singer made it. I am thinking winner with her.

i'm happy. The ones I wanted most, the kids in Johnny-Come-Lately made it. They were my favorites the moment i saw them perform. Wish I had those kinds of chops when i was only 16 lol.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2470588;
    I must be in the minority here, but I like the fact that Boy Shakira and the Bollywood dancer made it through.

I think they are both genuine and hugely entertaining (although 3 minutes on a stage is plenty).

I have absolutely no problem with them advancing. I think the judges made good decisions across the board.
    If 3 minutes of someone on stage is plenty, then they aren't appropriate for this contest.

And perhaps they can be considered "genuine and hugely entertaining", but isn't the same true of the Redneck Tenor Trio?

Its definitely Piers who wanted them gone. He's shot down virtually every single contestant who's performed with a gimmick/talent based on "Americana" or something based on a uniquely American piece of culture. Square dancing, fiddle playing, country music, folk music, "rednecks", all this stuff in not only Greek to Piers, its anathema.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-12-2007 at 05:02 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

What happened to the Saxophone/dancing guy? I liked him alot and never saw him in any of the last two shows except a quick shot of him celebrating at the end of the 1st Vegas show. That made me assume he made it through to the final 35, then .... nothing.

FORT Fan

^ I was wondering the same thing.

Who cares if the Hindu Dancer or Boy Shakira are "geniune" and nice. As Jade would say, "This is not America's Next Best Friend" it's a search for the best talent. To me right now, the 14 year old girl has the best talent. I think that Cass guy is good and all, but he is by no means a star.

FORT Regular

I think the key to the decisions of the judges is when one of them said at the end of their work---"There, we have something for everyone."

I'm pretty satisfied because a lot of my faves made it through--though I too am puzzled about the "Redneck Tenors."

My hope for them is that agents saw them and they will be getting offers for work now.

I keep thinking I don't like the Bollywood dancer--until I see him dance.Then I am mesmerized.

My favorite to win it all--the group called I think "Sideways." Or the singer who's a stay at home dad.

But I too will miss the music teacher singer who talked so much about the inspiration and support of his grandmother. I think he's probably an inspiration to his students.

I hope he gets offers now too.

FORT Fogey

i am not sure, the AGT people wnat another 14yrs old girl winner. That will probably kill it for season 3. My take on Boy shakira and the other "What T.F", they were put thru so that the other talents can stay longer in the show

FORT Fan

Vegas odds has a female favored to win, they also have a singer favored to win. She fits the shoe. To me it's not about who is similar to last year's winner. If you have talent, you have talent. They are not really all that similar to be honest. Way different sounding tones to their voice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast