+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Sharon Osborne - Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Sharon Osborne - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3200983;
    She is a more coherent Paula - nice and flattering to each contestant, but rather blah. And, what makes anyone think she is a good judge of talent - she is Ozzy Osbournes wife and mother of a couple of no-talent wannabes.
    She knows a lot about the music and entertaiment industry. She has been Ozzies manager from the start and organized the Oz fest which was huge in it's day. She is respected as a business woman by many in the biz.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well, this is disappointing to hear

Sharon Osbourne quits AGT.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Sharon is the only judge I have continually liked on this show. I'm pretty much over Howard. He doesn't bother me, and he's not the horrible token mean judge, but I've never really been a fan, so he's kind of just there taking up space. I will say he is so much better than I expected. Of course it can't be Howie that's leaving.
    JohnnyK likes this.

I saw her on the talk last week She looked very tired, maybe its time?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yeah why can't it be Howie instead? I'm sick of him now.
    karalott and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

She quit because NBC dropped her son's scheduled reality show when he announced he had MS. She is angry about that.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She quit because NBC dropped her son's scheduled reality show when he announced he had MS. She is angry about that.
    What I read is that they dropped her son from a planned reality show featuring a number of celebs competing in military type activities, called "Stars Earn Stripes." It was not HIS reality show; he was supposedly asked to be one of the celebs on it but no contract was signed yet. The offer was rescinded after his MS became known, and one of the execs said it would be too rigorous for him. While they probably shouldn't decide that for him, I can understand how there might be special liability issues a network wouldn't want to risk.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Jack had offered to take out his own insurance policy in order to alleviate concerns that the MS would be too much, but the network said no. I've also heard that while there was no formal contract signed yet, there had been verbal commitments on both sides, and the contract was merely a formality. It sounds to me like what NBC did was legal, but not necessarily the right or ethical thing to do ... not that this is the first time someone has acted in an unethical way in show business!
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

AlwaysVeg and ACooker you both make very valid points. Jack has only been recently diagnosed, I wonder if the medical screening for the show is how Jack found out? The thing with MS is that symptoms can occur at any time and from the descriptions of the show, the execs were just as concerned for the other participants.

One thing I cannot stand is people who make rash decisions, announce it via social media and then have to come back and eat their own words. I wish she would have taken the time and thought this out rationally/logically and then came to the decision. She already had a multi year deal, so it wasn't like she was in negotiations and this tipped the scales.
    karalott and Babbred like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    AlwaysVeg and ACooker you both make very valid points. Jack has only been recently diagnosed, I wonder if the medical screening for the show is how Jack found out? The thing with MS is that symptoms can occur at any time and from the descriptions of the show, the execs were just as concerned for the other participants.
    Although I feel terrible for the Osborne family on a personal level, I also sympathize with the network when it came to dropping Jack. This wasn't just any show that he was supposed to be on. They're going to be enacting military scenarios with live ammunition, so I can understand their not wanting to take the risk.

One thing I cannot stand is people who make rash decisions, announce it via social media and then have to come back and eat their own words. I wish she would have taken the time and thought this out rationally/logically and then came to the decision. She already had a multi year deal, so it wasn't like she was in negotiations and this tipped the scales.
    Amen. What is Sharon going to do now? She's just demonstrated that she's unreliable by dropping a multi-million dollar contract on a sudden impulse. Why would anybody hire her after this?

And yes, I'll miss her, too. I agree 100% with your sentiments about Howie, JohnnyK! I would gladly trade him for Sharon.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast