+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Britain! "Got Talent" is being exported back to Simon's home...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Poor Britain! "Got Talent" is being exported back to Simon's home...

I just saw another clip of someone who had auditioned on the British version and you need to check it out...its listed on YouTube as "America's Got Talent-Connie"

Its a precious little 6 year old snaggle-tooth girl singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow".....I was in tears at work watching it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So much better than America's. I was lucky to see the entire show on TV when I was overseas on vacation. I really thought Connie was going to win.. and for now I think she has. She's with Simon's recording company and signed for ₤1,000,000. Props to Paul though. He deserved it. Although I did like the Bar Wizards. Very innovative and different.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2451268;
    I just saw another clip of someone who had auditioned on the British version and you need to check it out...its listed on YouTube as "America's Got Talent-Connie"

Its a precious little 6 year old snaggle-tooth girl singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow".....I was in tears at work watching it!
    She didn't just audition... she almost won.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I thought she was the little one that almost won but that video just literally tugged at my strings!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    Didn't anybody like the monkey guy
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2444160;
    So much for my delusion he just trained to sing opera by practicing at home to CDs.
    When I heard his singing, I was A) ravished, and b)I said to myself NO ONE gets to that level of opera singing without having some training. It really isn't the kind of thing you can do by hanging out in your bedroom and sining along with records.

That said, I think he has one of the most naturally beautiful tenor voices I've heard, along the lines of Jussi Bjeorling or Andrea Boccelli. He clearly has had *some* training, and would benefit from more. In addition, he has a very appealing presence. Whether or not he ends up at the Met or La Scala or whatever, he has the potential to have a great career as a popular classical singer, and there's nothing wrong with that, IMHO.

i've watched the video many times on youtube, and it just knocks me out every time. And I DO listen to opera.

Simon and Piers judging for Britian.....hmmmmm where's the American judges? If the Brit's seem to know what American's want for talent, why can't American's judge Britian's contest?????

FORT Fogey

I can't get enough of Paul Potts and Connie Talbot. They put all other reality contestant singers I've ever heard to shame - I think I must have seen 'em all! If you get a chance to watch their videos, you'll see + hear what I mean.

FYI...Paul's debt has to do with a debilitating accident he'd gotten into a year or two before the contest. He's still paying loads of medical bills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12