+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8/17 Finale

8/17 Finale

Since nobody else started a thread.....

Shut up Reeeeg!!

Yay! Nathan is back!!!

They also brought back Michelle L'Amour, Bobby Badfingers, Kenny, the Crazy juggler and Dave the Horn Guy.
    Last edited by Swingsongbird; 08-17-2006 at 09:12 PM.

More crazy talent people for filler......

God, those Celtic Spring parents should have taught their son to listen and stop interupting when the judges are speaking.

I hope they don't bring this show back next year. I can't stand to really watch it. Not very intelligent or professional. And wayyyy too much money for a prize. $1 million for any of those finalists? Crazy. Just crazy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I hope they don't bring this show back next year. I can't stand to really watch it. Not very intelligent or professional. And wayyyy too much money for a prize. $1 million for any of those finalists? Crazy. Just crazy.
    Misskitty, I'm nauseous to report it, but the show has already been renewed for another season. I started a thread about the second season renewal here.

You can tell how many FORTers love the show by the huge number of posts in this finale thread. Bet we almost crashed the server!

I stopped watching the show after the second week. Better things were on (like Rock Star) and I couldn't stand David Hasselhoff or Brandy. And I wasn't a big fan of Regis, either. Those three strikes, and the show was out for me. I liked Piers, though.

I only watched the last thirty seconds of the finale so I could call and tell my friend who won. I've heard that girl sing, and I don't think that was worth a million dollars. Especially when some people go without food and compete in the wilderness or race around the world for a million dollars. This pales in comparison, in excitement and entertainment.

I couldn't stomach watching this live. But videotape and TiVo exist for good reasons. One of those is a little concept called "fast forward". So I got to see Blue Man Group, who are a true demonstration that weird acts CAN go bigtime, while being able to skip by most of this dreck.

And... it proves that really Blue Man Group is a fluke. Cause in any almost any multi-talent public contest a singer is going to win. And one does. Not that I am debating it, I just want to point out that it makes this show concept seem kind of pointless. A juggler will never win. A dancer or dancers likely will not win. Even magicians won't win. Singers. Because they appeal to the greatest cross-section of people.

Speaking of which, I SAW the video for Hasseljerk's new song, "Jump In My Car", on Google Video. I got through only the first 30 seconds before I literally had to race for the bathroom sink. I am NOT joking or exagerating. I started doing this weird combo of a laugh and a choke and it made the puke come up.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

KROM, loved your post LOL.

FORT Fogey
    Brian won. They should not allow solo singers in the show especially kids. They will have an unfair advantage

I liked the finale - probably the best show. I love Blue Man Group. Oh yeah, and I fast forward through most of it so it becomes a rather enjoyable show.

Regis singing! The HORROR!

Nathan came back He should have won. This show will still help him more than most - I bet his Vegas show will have more attending for at least 6 months.

I'd rather not have any singers on this show. Let the other talent have a chance for once.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

+ Reply to Thread