+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8-16-2006 Who should win Ė Purely My Opinion. Whatís yours? Címon, donít be shy!

there were really no losers Wed. night (with the exception of that Granny Rapper -- UGH!). Every one of them will be better off professionally than they were before they were on AGT -- in particular Taylor Ware (I can picture her on Grand Ole' Opry, etc.), All That (and please put them back in their torn jeans -- yowsa!), and At Last (Love a good acappella group). And Quick Change is ideal for Vegas.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    My ReplayTV cut the show short, when she was standing there, still looking stunned, right as the show was ending. Can anyone tell me what happened after that? I assume she sang a song? If so, which one? Anything else happen? Thanks. My kids were disappointed she won, and I found it a bit anti-climactic but... Overall we enjoyed the series once it got past the initial stages.
    She didn't sing again; IIRC, she cried a bit and thanked the judges and Regis, looking more like the little girl that she is . I don't begrudge her win, I just wish she would choose songs more appropriate for an 11 yr. old.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    there were really no losers Wed. night (with the exception of that Granny Rapper -- UGH!). Every one of them will be better off professionally than they were before they were on AGT -- in particular Taylor Ware (I can picture her on Grand Ole' Opry, etc.), All That (and please put them back in their torn jeans -- yowsa!), and At Last (Love a good acappella group). And Quick Change is ideal for Vegas.
    So right. The exposure these acts got will serve them well.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Reply to Yodasolo25

Quote Originally Posted by Yodasolo25 View Post
    Bianca won! Did I not tell you guys that WEEKS ago (which several disagreed)?
    Yes you did. And everyone loves the "I told you so." I didn't doubt it. I just didn't want it. I still think Yodel Girl was the best. And I think everyone thinks that their favorite was the best.

Interestingly, there is so many that say that the show was so horrible and a waste of airtime but they watched it every week and spent extra time online commenting about the show.

I must say congratulations...Your favorite won.

But I will also say...Go Yodel Girl!!!
    Amadeus

Good post, Amadeus. I thought Taylor was a cutie pie.

Personally, I can see why Bianca Ryan won, but she wasn't my favorite. To be honest, I would have preferred At Last and All That to win, and because their names are so similar, I was mixing them up all summer.

Speaking of All That, BTW how stupid was it to give 5 (quite big) guys one car as a prize? I'm imagining them piling out like circus clowns in a VW bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Interestingly, there is so many that say that the show was so horrible and a waste of airtime but they watched it every week and spent extra time online commenting about the show.
    And the ratings were consistently strong all summer. The finale results show was #1 in the ratings this week, and was the most watched show for a Thursday all summer.

I also agree with cricketeen, the exposure for even the "losing" acts is priceless. I'm sure a lot of these people were just so excited to get the chance to perform before millions of Americans. And hopefully it can further their careers. If I'm in Vegas, you bet I would go see Nathan Burton and his showgirls if I got the chance. I think Leonid should have his own stage show too, quite frankly!

Lastly, I just wanted to mention, I really liked the musical number in the finale, it was nice to see many of my non-finalist favorites again.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Reply to Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Yes, Yodasola, you were right. I did think of you when Bianca won, lol. I was one of the people who disagreed that she would win; I didn't think a solo singer would win, but obviously America really liked her.

My ReplayTV cut the show short, when she was standing there, still looking stunned, right as the show was ending. Can anyone tell me what happened after that? I assume she sang a song? If so, which one? Anything else happen? Thanks. My kids were disappointed she won, and I found it a bit anti-climactic but... Overall we enjoyed the series once it got past the initial stages.
    Yep, it just ended. No actual conclusion...Very anti-climatic.

I loved the initial stages...but I love train wrecks
    Amadeus

Reply to Yodasolo25

Quote Originally Posted by Yodasolo25 View Post
    It cut out for me too Lynne. I was surpised Rappin Granny wasn't top 5. My heart dropped when At Last and The Millers were called out and then they said "The winner is......". I was like crap it can't be one of them. Overall it was a good season but the winner couldn't have been more obvious.

I was surprised that Rappin' Granny was in the top 1,000,000,000,000,....

Several have said it was obvious Bianca would win. It escaped me but congratulations.
    Amadeus

Reply to albean99

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I was hoping for All That or the Passing Zone but I can't be too unhappy about Bianca winning. I'm just not sure that a singer should win. I think that the judges should have a vote along with the audience in the final.
    Passing Zone surprised me....They were one of the few acts that just got better.

I can be a bit unhappy about Bianca because I truly don't enjoy her singing. However, I must say that she truly didn't seem arrogant winnning which wins points with her to me. Congratulations.
    Amadeus

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Yep, it just ended. No actual conclusion...Very anti-climatic.
    What happened is, because the show is live, it ran over time. Bianca did sing, as is customary for winners on these types of shows, but they didn't air it on the West Coast, because of the program scheduling. I have no idea if it aired on the East Coast either.

But no, the ending was never meant to be that abrupt.

ETA: I agree that while Bianca wasn't my fave, her humble reaction to winning really endeared her to me.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 08-18-2006 at 10:21 PM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    Agreed...Many of them got exposure that will launch their careers.

Go Yodel Girl!!!
    Amadeus

Reply to SnowflakeGirl

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    What happened is, because the show is live, it ran over time. Bianca did sing, as is customary for winners on these types of shows, but they didn't air it on the West Coast, because of the program scheduling. I have no idea if it aired on the East Coast either.

But no, the ending was never meant to be that abrupt.

ETA: I agree that while Bianca wasn't my fave, her humble reaction to winning really endeared her to me.
    Nope, we didn't see her sing either.

Agreed...He attitude upon winning was very non-pompous and won points with me too.
    Amadeus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast