+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8-16-2006 Who should win – Purely My Opinion. What’s yours? C’mon, don’t be shy!

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post

10. Rappin’ Granny – Ugh!!! Why are people so afraid to say she sucks…She takes an ugly yet boring genre to new heights of uselessness. She isn’t worth a million pre-WWII Deutsch Marks. (For those of you that don’t know…In 1923, at the most fevered moment of the German hyperinflation, the exchange rate between the dollar and the Mark was one trillion Marks to one dollar, ....) Would I rather listen to Rappin’ Granny or have my underpants full of fire ants…Hmmmm.
    I also think this was a waste of a spot that should have gone to Nathan Burton. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Reply to laneyrachel

Quote Originally Posted by laneyrachel View Post
    So overall, if I had to choose only one, it would probably be Celtic Spring .. they have the most raw talent.

Oh, and I don't understand the infatuation with Taylor Ware. She's just a cute girl who yodels, and who tries to sing. (I feel bad for saying that, but it's true.)
    Celtic Spring is worthy.

The infatuation with Yodel Girl is that she does have talent but more importantly, she is what many of us feel that girls (boys too)should be...Children. She is well behaved, sweet and charming. The antithesis of all the thugs that have been getting the media attention for far too long.
    Amadeus

Reply to cricketeen

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    To win, they should be the best of the best of what they do.

Amadeus, I don't know if I can agree with this statement. Very few (any?) of these acts are the best of the best. It's time to choose the best from what was presented, and I am having a hard time comparing apples to oranges to grapes. After second and third looks, based on talent only and not an ability to carry a solo show, I liked - not necessarily in this order:

1. Taylor Ware - even though I do not like country music, she has loads of talent.
    2. All That - for the energy and enthusiasm they generate within the audience. I thought they danced better last night than in the past.
    3. Passing Zone - originally not a favorite, but I liked their humor.
    4. Realis - for some reason, I find them mezmerizing and I liked the music they chose.

I would not want to see win:
    5. Bianca - it's creepy to hear those lyrics come out of a child's mouth.
    6. Rappin' Granny - it's creepy to hear those lyrics come out of anyone's mouth.
    7. Quick Change - needs to change, quickly.

My kids say the world doesn't need another boy band, and I have to agree, so At Last doesn't get my vote. Harmonica Boy and Celtic Spring - meh.
    I agree with most of this. I would have ranked All That higher than I did but I agree with the boy band theory. I hate boy bands but they are the exception to that rule. They are the best boy band I've seen and they will be successful.

Taylor is the best yodeler. All That is the best boy band. Passing Zone is just enjoyable.

Creepy is an understatement for Rappin' Granny. Disgusting is more apropos
    Amadeus

Reply to Swingsongbird

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    I also think this was a waste of a spot that should have gone to Nathan Burton. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    Very true. The judges hosed Nathan.
    Amadeus

Bianca won! Did I not tell you guys that WEEKS ago (which several disagreed)?

FORT Fan
    Yes, Yodasola, you were right. I did think of you when Bianca won, lol. I was one of the people who disagreed that she would win; I didn't think a solo singer would win, but obviously America really liked her.

My ReplayTV cut the show short, when she was standing there, still looking stunned, right as the show was ending. Can anyone tell me what happened after that? I assume she sang a song? If so, which one? Anything else happen? Thanks. My kids were disappointed she won, and I found it a bit anti-climactic but... Overall we enjoyed the series once it got past the initial stages.

It cut out for me too Lynne. I was surpised Rappin Granny wasn't top 5. My heart dropped when At Last and The Millers were called out and then they said "The winner is......". I was like crap it can't be one of them. Overall it was a good season but the winner couldn't have been more obvious.

I was hoping for All That or the Passing Zone but I can't be too unhappy about Bianca winning. I'm just not sure that a singer should win. I think that the judges should have a vote along with the audience in the final.

Bianca STILL would have won. The judges loved her act the most.

The Miller's should have won.

I can't believe these people get $1 million. The winners of So You Think you Can Dance only get $100,000 and a contract for a year. And they are so much more talented and professional than anyone in this group. Dumb show.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast