+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7-26-06 All ten acts rated---purely my opinion-What's yours? Come on. Don’t be Shy.

7-26-06 All ten acts rated---purely my opinion-What's yours? Come on. Don’t be Shy.

I’m really disappointed with the acts tonight. This was the worst lot of performers so far. Rating the first six acts was very difficult to rate because I didn’t like any of them. It was a bit like choosing your favorite dental procedure.

None of them beat All That or Yodel Girl (Taylor Ware).

1. Nathan Burton – Magician. That was cool. The presentation was eye candy and the performance was good.

2. Bianca Ryan – 11 y.o. singer. The song was too old for her but she can sing. Still, I didn’t enjoy it that much. Piers advice was right on the money.

3. Treynight Stiltworld (SP?)– Stilted performance artists/dancers - interestingly weird at first sight. Definitely different. When the girl took a nosedive I cringed. Cool idea but needs refinement. Even with the errors (nosedive) and some level of imperfection it was still interesting. Most of the acts were terrible, boring and/or mundane.

4. 1013 Concept – Halfway decent garage band. If I was at a kegger, I could listen to them but I certainly won’t remember the song later tonight and I wouldn’t buy a CD. And finally, no, it isn’t catchy…except maybe like the flu.

5. Elliot Zimmet – Hip-hop Magician. I thought it was pretty good but not fantastic. I’ve seen much better magic acts. But I like his style and energy and I think in the future he has a chance. He was much better the first time. It would have been more interesting if he’d‘ve pulled a bird out of the girl’s bra.

6. Team Acrodunk – Dunkers with trampolines. I’m not impressed. Are they the new Harlem Globetrotters-NO. Impressive – NO. Interesting – maybe a little but not really. Have they practiced – Of course, but it’s pretty much the same every time. To me it’s a talent like tidily-wink – who cares?

7. Kenny Shelton – Juggler. OK, let’s see if he can do it this time…He has poor showmanship and he’s hard to deal with but he was much better this time. Even though the act was OK, he’s just hard to like. He was actually pretty good but really needs to work on his stage presence. Finally, his lack of confidence lowers his appeal.

8. Sonya Lee - Electric Violinist. She sounds extremely squeaky and squawky. Absolutely awful. I love Carmina Burana and that was the worst rendition of it I ever heard. It was fingernails on a chalkboard. I think she does have the ability to play mellifluously but that wasn’t it.

9. Caitlyn Taylor Love – 12 y.o. singer. Boring song. She sings a bit nasally and whiny. She thinks too much of herself for someone who can’t carry a tune.

10,000. Rappin’ Granny – Omigod! Ugh! I hate rap and this is the worst of the worst. Ugly performance…I don’t mean her looks, I mean her act. NOT A TALENT. Rhyming and sounding nasty is not a talent. Obviously I'm out of sync with the judges.
    Amadeus

I was disappointed tonight as well. I can't believe the Judge's pick was the rappin Granny. Not that I have anything against her, but I don't think she was the best act. I had high hopes for Bianca but she did pick a song out of her range tonight. The other young girl singer was not good tonight at all.

I don't even know who I'd pick to go through from tonight's performances.

My favorite from all the acts so far is the yodel girl.

Reply to ArchieComic Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I was disappointed tonight as well. I can't believe the Judge's pick was the rappin Granny. Not that I have anything against her, but I don't think she was the best act. I had high hopes for Bianca but she did pick a song out of her range tonight. The other young girl singer was not good tonight at all.

I don't even know who I'd pick to go through from tonight's performances.

My favorite from all the acts so far is the yodel girl.

I agree but I'm not surprised. I think that they like the sensationalism of it. They aren't voting for who they like best but who they think will boost the ratings. If they voted for the best they'd've voted for Yodel Girl and All That.

Go Yodel Girl!
    Last edited by amadeus; 07-26-2006 at 10:40 PM.
    Amadeus

They should bring back the clogging guys and give them another chance. They were better than tonight's acts and could have been the judge's choice.

Reply to Swingsongbird

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    They should bring back the clogging guys and give them another chance. They were better than tonight's acts and could have been the judge's choice.
    I agree. The cloggers were better than any act tonight. They did not seem to have spread the talent out evenly between the groups.
    Amadeus

ITA with all who have said how bad tonights show was. Last week I was totally enthralled and couldnt wait to see the acts and this week was a snoozefest. I am also in agreement with all who have mentioned rappin granny. For all the talk about this is a talent show blah blah blah, well then WTH is granny still there for????

I missed the end of the show. Had to take my dog to the puppy ER! I can't believe the judges put through Granny! What???

I didn't think the show was that bad compared to the others. I think they are all bad! But I watch every week anyway - it's entertaining.

1. Nathan the magician - Best of the night for me. I've seen David Copperfield do a similar trick, but he popped up in the audience on a Harley. Yes we all know Nathan was in the steps they rolled away, but still very entertaining. Was he the guy who had the ladies changing outfits so fast during the auditions??? I loved that act.

2. Elliot the hip hop magician. I loved his first act when he threw the microphone out. Tonight was not as good, but still OK.

3. Acrodunk - very entertaining. I've seen similar acts

4. Kenny - didn't drop anything this time. Confidence is underwhelming and makes it hard to like this guy.

5. Bianca - Loved her during auditions, didn't like this at all. Had some off notes and some screaming. Sorry but she blew it.

6. Sonie violinist - screeching noise, has talent, but should have listened to Piers

7. Caitlyn - Oh they should not have had her sing with Bianca. She's just very average to me.

8. Stilt World - fall, enough said

9. Granny - funny one time, but really not a talent

10. 10-13 band - way too fast. They got off time with each other. A complete mess as Simon would say. Sorry guys.

I think many of these acts did their "best" during auditions. And they can't repeat, so they don't know what to do the second time around.

Ventriloquest - blew me away with the Godzilla theatre, second show not so good

Elliot - blew me away with the microphone throwing and the dove tearing in half, not so good tonight

Alexis and Bianca were both much better in the audition round

Vladimir and Leonid were better before also
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Best
    Nathan Burton - I'd pay to see him
    Bianca Ryan – wow, I think she is chanelling spirtis from beyond the grave
    Team Acrodunk - If you can put thru a yodeler, a harmonic player, and a gymnastic pair, there is no reason you can put these guy thru. Team stuns are VERY hard to do

Mediocre:
    Elliot Zimmet - oh look birds .... 2nd rate class boring
    Kenny Shelton - oh look fire... stil boring
    Caitlyn Taylor Love - Jennifer Love Hewitt singer wannabe

Awful:
    Rappin’ Granny - the best of the worse. Get a keg tapped and ask RG to rap. Pure gong show material
    1013 Concept - Uhmm, a college mtv band with a trumpet and trombone? Ugh what a mess, can get gigs af UF thats about it.
    Sonya Lee - Wow, It sounded to me like she was just scratching. She should have just done it solo without backup.
    Treynight Stiltworld - crash

I can't believe granny went thru. What a joke.
    I'd pick Nathan and Bianca. Or if th

Amadeus, I pretty much agree with you on everything this week. I don't understand why some people made it through to this round when it was obvious all three judges didn't like them?
    Bianca Ryan, for all her talent, is too young for the songs she selects.
    I think I liked the stilt walkers best, tumble and all - everyone else just seemed like the same old. Except for the granny - I can't believe that Piers loves her act .
    I wonder if Nathan Burton - Las Vegas magician - is related to Lance Burton - Las Vegas magician "par excellence".

Oh, and I wish the director would stop cutting to shots of the audience and judges during the acts - I want to see the performances, not the peanut gallery.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 07-27-2006 at 06:13 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I liked Nathan the Magician and I don't usually like magicians. I had even lower expectations for him after seeing Elliot. Elliot the Hip Hop magician couldn't get off the stage quickly enough for me. The 2 girl singers weren't bad. Singing a Janis Joplin song takes courage at any age. I liked Sonie the violinist, but I would like to hear what she can do with a non-electric violin. Even without the fall I would have been bored with stiltworld. Acrodunk was fairly entertaining but it reminded me of that show that used to be on Saturday night, on Spike I think. I could never watch more than a couple of minutes.
    I just don't understand the popularity of Rappin' Granny at all. About halfway through her performance I had to switch off. Even watching a commercial was better than sitting through that.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast