+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7-26-06 All ten acts rated---purely my opinion-What's yours? Come on. Donít be Shy.

I would have liked the violinist better had she played something more tuneful. I think that it's obvious that she has talent--like LD Miller--but she just spouted noise. Like LD Miller
    Hey, when LD ditches his big brother, maybe he can hook up with the Violinist-on-Steroids and they can make beautiful -- uhhhh -- noise together.
    Am I the only one who loves Rappin' Granny in here? I'm glad the judges passed her through.
    She made me laugh! But I wouldn't pay to see her in concert.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Really? Lance Burton seems too young to have a child that age to me, but I could be wrong.

Personally, I am disappointed that Nathan didn't go through (even though I knew the public would rally for Bianca). I am dying to see more of his magic, so I hope the judges give him another chance now that there is going to be a Wild Card round.

Am I the only one who loves Rappin' Granny in here? I'm glad the judges passed her through.
    I think we're all disappointed that Nathan didn't go through...I didn't know about the wildcard round, but I'm glad it's going to happen. He deserves another chance. Also, I'd like to see the winner of the wacky acts get a wild card spot.

Yes, at least on this thread, I think you are the only one that likes Rappin' Granny...Everyone so far has expressed dismay that she was selected over Nathan. But hey, to each his (or her) own.
    Last edited by amadeus; 07-28-2006 at 05:34 PM.
    Amadeus

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Hey, when LD ditches his big brother, maybe he can hook up with the Violinist-on-Steroids and they can make beautiful -- uhhhh -- noise together.
    Ha! That would be something. Maybe not something good, but something. Honestly, I think that they're both talented, I just would like to hear something with a melody.

I did some research and discovered that LD Miller was on NBC's America's Most Talented Kid when he was 9, narrowly losing his age category to a girl who played guitar and sang. Maybe he'll have better luck this time.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    Ha! That would be something. Maybe not something good, but something. Honestly, I think that they're both talented, I just would like to hear something with a melody.

I did some research and discovered that LD Miller was on NBC's America's Most Talented Kid when he was 9, narrowly losing his age category to a girl who played guitar and sang. Maybe he'll have better luck this time.
    My mom told me about him being on America's Most Talented Kid.
    Personally, I call him Spazmonica. I don't see the talent...Anyone can squawk and squeal arrhythmically. It's like watching a young tone deaf Joe Cocker...without the dashing good looks.
    Amadeus

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    My mom told me about him being on America's Most Talented Kid.
    Personally, I call him Spazmonica. I don't see the talent...Anyone can squawk and squeal arrhythmically. It's like watching a young tone deaf Joe Cocker...without the dashing good looks.
    LOL! Reege compared him to Wayne Newton. I wonder if LD even knows who WN is. And I'd love for someone who is a well-known harmonica player to weigh in on his talent, or lack thereof.

Reply to dcamonkeys

LOL! Reege compared him to Wayne Newton. I wonder if LD even knows who WN is. And I'd love for someone who is a well-known harmonica player to weigh in on his talent, or lack thereof.
    I think they'd wonder how anyone can be out of key with a harmonica!
    Amadeus

Nathan is not the quick-change guy--that team is on next week.

I would have chosen Nathan to go on. Bianca has talent, but it's not developed and she chose a song too big and old for her. Plus, the Janis Joplin inflections that she was trying to use were annoying.
    Oh, two magicians, that may not be good for them, splitting the enourmous magician loving vote!!! I really loved that quick change guy, but loved Nathan this week. Wonder which magician will come out on top.

I believe Nathan will go to the wildcard show for sure as he was America's 2nd choice. I think that is how it works.

Agree about Bianca - I was annoyed also.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fan
    1. Nathan the magician - He was fantastic! I think he should have been the judge's pick.

2. Elliot the hip hop magician. I agree with others. Not as good tonight as he was earlier. Quite a disappointment, even.

3. Acrodunk - I really enjoyed them.

4. Kenny - Why did they let him come back for this round? He didn't deserve the chance. I don't know who got left out because of him, but I feel bad for them.

5. Bianca - Not as good as before, but I'm glad she has another chance. I am a little biased the lady who sewed her outfit is the mother of someone I "know" over the internet. I'm so glad Piers complimented her outfit!

6. Sonie violinist - I thought at some points it was very screechy - like nails on a chalkboard! She was entertaining to watch, though.

7. Caitlyn - Good, but not great.

8. Stilt World - Even without the fall, they do absolutely nothing for me.

9. Granny - I am very disappointed that the judges picked her. Yeah, she's kindof cute, but she is a novelty. She does not deserve $1 million. Sorry.

10. 10-13 band - Piers was right. They were all over the place.

I can't wait for fall tv. It is horrible that I even watch this!! LOL

Reply to bethw12000

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000 View Post
    1. Nathan the magician - He was fantastic! I think he should have been the judge's pick.

2. Elliot the hip hop magician. I agree with others. Not as good tonight as he was earlier. Quite a disappointment, even.

3. Acrodunk - I really enjoyed them.

4. Kenny - Why did they let him come back for this round? He didn't deserve the chance. I don't know who got left out because of him, but I feel bad for them.

5. Bianca - Not as good as before, but I'm glad she has another chance. I am a little biased the lady who sewed her outfit is the mother of someone I "know" over the internet. I'm so glad Piers complimented her outfit!

6. Sonie violinist - I thought at some points it was very screechy - like nails on a chalkboard! She was entertaining to watch, though.

7. Caitlyn - Good, but not great.

8. Stilt World - Even without the fall, they do absolutely nothing for me.

9. Granny - I am very disappointed that the judges picked her. Yeah, she's kindof cute, but she is a novelty. She does not deserve $1 million. Sorry.

10. 10-13 band - Piers was right. They were all over the place.

I can't wait for fall tv. It is horrible that I even watch this!! LOL
    Everyone seems to think that Nathan should have been the pick. It seems the judges intentionally pick the worst acts.

You seem to be in the same frame of mind as everyone else with the acts. I really didn't enjoy acrodunk as much as most but otherwise we seemed to have disliked most of the acts equally.
    Amadeus

I wish that the judges had picked Nathan or Bianca over Rapping Granny. I have a lot of trouble seeing her win the top prize. I'm glad they're having a wild card for those that should have gone through like the cloggers and Nathan. I was just in Vegas and he does an afternoon show at the V Theatre at Aladdin's Dessert Passage. I'm guessing he wasn't there when we were because he would have been doing the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast