+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent Renewed For Second Season

America's Got Talent Renewed For Second Season

According to TheFutonCritic.com, America's Got Talent has been renewed for a second season. Here is the part of the article about America's Got Talent below:

NBC has picked up an additional season each of its popular summer alternative series "America's Got Talent" and "Last Comic Standing." "America's Got Talent" (Wednesdays, 8-10 p.m. ET and Thursdays, 9-10 p.m. ET) will return to the NBC schedule at mid-season while "Last Comic Standing" (Tuesdays, 9-10 p.m. ET) will resume next summer with all-new episodes. The announcement was made today by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

As of July 19, "America's Got Talent," the new break-out series of the summer, is averaging a 3.8 rating, 12 share in adults 18-49 and 11.3 million viewers overall this summer, making it the #1 original summer series in total viewers. "America's Got Talent" has improved the Wednesday 9-10 p.m. (ET) slot over NBC's 18-49 average for the same nights last summer by 74 percent.

"America's Got Talent" is from Simon Cowell and FremantleMedia, the producers of "American Idol," and is hosted by television legend Regis Philbin ("Live with Regis & Kelly"). The talent competition series brings the variety format back to the forefront of American culture showcasing the hottest performers from across the country, all vying for a $1 million grand prize, with the winner being chosen by the television viewing audience.

Each week, the show features a colorful array of hopeful future stars -- singers, dancers, comedic performers and unique acts of all ages who have a chance to strut and perform in front of a panel of celebrity judges, including actor, singer and executive producer David Hasselhoff ("Baywatch"), Grammy Award-winning singer and actress Brandy ("Moesha"), and United Kingdom television-media personality Piers Morgan.
    How fun! We have more David Hasselhoff, Brandy, and Regis Philbin to look forward to.

Well I actually like Regis :[

I like Regis, too - he can be very funny when he shows his curmudgeonly side. This fake big-smile I-am-your-pal persona is odd. He should stick with what works (and stop fawning all over "The Hoff").
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    I like Regis, too - . . . He should . . . stop fawning all over "The Hoff"
    Lawd 'a' mercy! Regis fawns over "The Hoff" so much, they should get a room already!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

They should really get rid of regis. As much as I like the guy, in this show he does comes across very poorly.

They should also get rid of brandy. Sorry but she is just to small of a personallity stuck between Her Hoff and Pissey Piers.

Lastly change the X system
    1. Allow the judges to change X's in case they hit the wrong button
    2. No hitting other judges buttons
    3. Get rid of the checks and X's during the second round.

I can't wait for the 2nd season!!! I love America's Got Talent sooo much!!!

FORT Newbie
    I am surprised this got renewed actually. I agree with some others here I would replace regis. He is good on his own show, but I don't think he is the right fit for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by #1RealityTVFan View Post
    I can't wait for the 2nd season!!! I love America's Got Talent sooo much!!!
    Will you still love it if "The Hoff" sings this week?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Considering how very few threads we have for this show where is the love??

And why did ther feel the need to renew it??

I'm surprised it is renewed. I hurt my back and watch it because I have bed rest - otherwise I'd not watch. It is kinda fun at times. I hate to say it - I like the Hoff as a judge. Regis is lame as host. Piers and Brandy are OK.

But I think putting the show in the spring will be horrible. This is definately a "summer and there is nothing else to watch" kind of show.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast