+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'America's Got Talent' Tops Nielsen Ratings

'America's Got Talent' Tops Nielsen Ratings

By DAVID BAUDER
    The Associated Press

It has to be a little nostalgic for Regis Philbin: it's summertime, and he's host of the No. 1 TV show.

NBC's "America's Got Talent" was the most popular program on broadcast television last week, drawing 11 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

It has to make him think back seven years, when ABC's "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" caught the public's fancy as a summertime series that eventually grew to dominate the network.

It's doubtful that the "American Idol"-influenced talent show on NBC will have the same impact. "America's Got Talent" took advantage of one of the least-watched weeks of the year in TV; only four programs were seen by more than 10 million viewers, Nielsen said.

Then again, Philbin is faring a lot better than ABC's advice series "How to Get the Guy," to which only 3.1 million people tuned in. A CBS special, "Shark: Mind of a Demon," had a not-too-scary audience of 4.9 million.
    Read the full article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070501161.html
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm surprised this show is doing so well.
    I watched it a couple of times but it just didn't do a lot for me.
    I like ole Reeg though, so good for him

I'm also surprised, I watched the first show but I haven't been motivated to watch since.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I'm surprised too. The "So you think you can dance" show is far more entertaining. I have watched this show, and I don't know why, it is really boring at times and the acts are terrible. After watching the show I'd have to say, No, American does not have talent.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I like this show a lot. It makes me laugh and I get a chance to see people perform things I'd never usually see. I can see someone dance or sing on tv but not much else.

FORT Fogey
    I love the show. I'm not addicted to it like I am to Idol, but I really enjoy it. It is not pretentious and the judges are open-minded to consider all sorts of acts, i.e. advancing the young yodeler.

This is my new favorite reality talent show better than American Idol. America's Got Talent reminds me of The Gong Show. I'd rather watch more singing, dancing, and more magic and hilarious show than American Idol.

I hated The Gong Show, so maybe that's why I haven't had any interest in this one. I'm shocked it's doing so well.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread