+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The next round.

The next round.

Let's see if I have this correct:
    There are four rounds where just the judges pass people thru.
    The next round america votes.

Does anyone know how this works?
    Can the judges gong people in the 2nd round?
    Are people vote to advance to the next round, or to be eliminated?

Good questions! I'm not sure. Yes, the public now can vote for those who were not gonged. Maybe the public votes on the bottom 2 or 3 as in other reality shows. The judges get to gong out the bottom and the public has the final say

I haven't watched every week because the competition for my viewing time is very high on Wednesdays! Really.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This is really odd.

After this week, they said the voting would start. But I could have sworn there were 4 weeks of prelim.

So I checked and sure enough

America's Got Talent Auditions

Open Call Dates (Location address TBA)
    Thursday - April 6, Los Angles, CA
    Friday - April 7, Los Angles, CA
    Wednesday - April 12, Chicago, IL
    Thursday - April 13, Chicago, IL
    Monday - April 17, New York, NY
    Tuesday. April 18, New York, NY
    Saturday - April 22, Atlanta, GA
    Sunday. April 23, Atlanta, GA

So there should be a 4th show of prelims in Atlanta.

On 7/18 here is tvguide.com blurb. But the links are wacky. I clicked on 7/12

The first of four semifinal rounds is featured. Two acts will move on to the finals---one chosen by celebrity judges David Hasselhoff, Brandy and Piers Morgan; the other by viewers. Regis Philbin hosts.

Well, Bof_Cof, I don't rightly know what happened to the folks from the Atlanta open call, but I can tell you with certainty that the dates you have posted were actually the ones for the big cattle call try-outs, and not the soundstage performances we're watching right now with Reeg and the judges. The talent that we've seen performing on the broadcast episodes were culled from those initial auditions, and then brought out to L.A. to tape these episodes more recently.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 07-10-2006 at 08:27 PM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Here is the blurb for the show for Weds 7/12 8:30 to 10:00

"Episode #105.
    The judges select one contestant to move to the finals, and viewers select a second contestant to advance."

and for Thursday 7/13 9:30

"Episode #105A.
    The viewers' choice."

Wow - confusing. So someone went to 4 cities to watch the auditions, then picked the best and probably worst to come to LA for what we the TV audience have seen as the "audition" rounds.

Because yeah, the stage and auditorium has been exactly the same all 3 weeks!! So they couldn't have actually been in LA, Chicago and NY. And no mention of Atlanta I believe.

So now, we have the semi finals - those that the judges put through from the "auditions." Anyone know how many weeks this round will be?
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Quote Originally Posted by drkim View Post
    Wow - confusing. So someone went to 4 cities to watch the auditions, then picked the best and probably worst to come to LA for what we the TV audience have seen as the "audition" rounds.

Because yeah, the stage and auditorium has been exactly the same all 3 weeks!! So they couldn't have actually been in LA, Chicago and NY. And no mention of Atlanta I believe.
    It's actually pretty similar to the process of "American Idol," in that the prospective auditioners are pre-screened by casting people before they are seen by the judges, except AGT's judges don't actually travel to the different cities.

So now, we have the semi finals - those that the judges put through from the "auditions." Anyone know how many weeks this round will be?
    Sorry, DrKim, I'm not actually sure how long each round is. I do believe that in upcoming episodes, we'll be seeing about nine acts per show (most of whom will be familiar, but also some that will be new to the TV audience, as there were, as you might recall, a number of acts we didn't have time for in the initial broadcast) for whom we'll be able to vote, and then the results show.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Tonight (July 12) was the first of four semi-finals.

Apparently, there were a total of 61 acts passed forward from the previous shows. Those 61 are now divided into four groups of 15/16. Each week now in the semifinals fifteen acts will be sitting in the audience ready to perform as they are called. However, only TEN (10) performers will actually be allowed on the stage. Apparently all of the 15 acts performed a second time for the judges and Hasselhoff, Brandy and Piers have decided which ten we will see again. The five nonperformers are instant Losers and we will see no more of them.

After a two hour show featuring the ten acts, some background about each performer, comments and a non-binding YES/NO from the esteemed panel of judges, and chitchat from Regis, ONLY TWO acts from each week will make the FINALS. The judges will announce their choice of a winner before the end of the show, and the home audience voting choice winner will be announced at a short results show the next night.
    Last edited by Primetimetommie; 07-13-2006 at 12:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread