+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Season Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    Ha! The magician guy who went into the microwave was a contestant on the lame Wayne Newton reality show, The Entertainer that aired over a year ago. He didn't win. Big surprise.
    HA! Thank you! I knew I had seen him before.

I watched this on Tivo so I was able to FF through a huge amount and only watch the acts and judging. It reduced the show to about 20 minutes or less. There is way too much unnecessary filler. Regis calling them down to go back stage is first on my list to axe from this format. They deliberated way too long. It was obvious when they approved, no need for all the niff naw.

I was not impressed. Brandy and David have to be faster on their buzzers and more diserning.

Juggling? Just buzz em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade View Post
    Maybe it is the campy side of me showing but I found parts of this show to be kind of funny. Funnier than LCS which is supposed to actually be funny. It's not something I am going to be upset if I miss a week or so but as a summertime distraction it was ok. Some of absurdity was so over the top that it made interesting to watch.
    I like the campiness of it, too, which is why it reminds me of The Gong Show from the 70's. It's a silly show, but like I said upthread, it's rather refreshing getting away from the s-l-o-w, painful dramatics of other shows like AI.

I've always felt Regis is disengaged from the folks he interacts with, even on his morning show. He gives me the impression if you're not already famous, or in his inner circle, he can't even muster the energy to try to appear interested in you. There's an affable up-and-coming funny guy named Michael Burger who would be perfect for this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    HA! Thank you! I knew I had seen him before.
    The only reason I remember him is because I recapped the Wayne Newton show.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I thought this show was pretty funny. So much better than the Inventor show, in which the judges ruined the show for me. I think Hasselhoff is pretty funny, Brandy is actually nice to the contestants.

I thought this show was hilarious. I almost fell over laughing when the cow spurted milk and they showed the judges faces! This is a good change of pace. I don't take it seriously now, but perhaps when the auditions are over that will change.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I could only stomach a few minutes of this show. I don't understand why Brandy and David Hasselhoff are judges. Maybe Simon doesn't understanfd American culture as much as he thinks he does. Those two are not often lauded for their talent. If you have every heard Brandy sing a ballad you know how limited her voice is.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    ok wait. Is this the "Price is Right" mixed with the "Gong Show"?
    that's EXACTLY what i was thinking when watching.

Quote Originally Posted by syd18 View Post
    I think Hasselhoff is pretty funny, Brandy is actually nice to the contestants.
    what shocked me was when he wanted the guy stripper to keep going!!!
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 06-22-2006 at 06:46 PM.

Barefootdyke: what shocked me was when he wanted the guy stripper to keep going!!! [/QUOTE]

Me Too!!! Somebody pleeeeeaase hit the button
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I think an hour of this would be plenty, but I think it's good mindless entertainment for good mindless people!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey
    I have never heard anyone say, "I LOVE juggling!" Never in my whole life.

This show blows chunks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast