+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #4 ****Spoilers****

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #4 ****Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I'm glad that Taylor, Cami, and Timber made it but not that JR country singer. Like Marty, he took a spot from a more deserving talent. Both are less deserving than other singers who didn't make it through or other talents for that matter. OTOH, they may split votes, so it's a good thing.

Looks like next week the kid brother and sister will be competing against each other. There are no country singers so both dance couple will make it thri ough. Don't know why they put them together (I think it's for drama). I think another singer will get through, the bearded fat guy. Maybe Sprice (machine builder) or Sam Johnson (the stunt guy) will get the 4th spot.
    I doubt sprice will make it. I think catapult will sam Johnson dangelo and Amanda and that singer.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    She wouldn't have made it through anyway.
    Sadly you are right - but I'd rather a bowl tosser on a bike than TWO country singers when America seems to FORGET that all the singers who have WON the show have bombed and faded into obscurity now.

The ONLY successful singer has been Jackie Evancho, and then a lesser extent Prince Poppycock, but even he's had his struggles.

I admit I enjoyed her performance, but a back injury is really not good for someone to use a unicycle or balance bowls on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Wasn't Marty born on 1965? So that makes him only 48 yo. He's not old but he looks like he can already qualify for senior discounts!

Are you serious? My husband is slighty older, but hubby sure doesn't look as old as Marty. Holy mackerel.

Regarding a split vote, I thought about that, too! It's happened before in presidential elections and the Oscars, so why not here?

What did Red Panda do? Was she the lady who balanced cups while riding a unicycle? Sad to say, but I won't miss her. She was good, but there was no way she could really build on her act. As I recall, she just kept adding cups.

The last time an act had to drop out, they made a big deal about having America vote for a replacement act. I wonder why they didn't do that this time? And who took her place?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Are you serious? My husband is slighty older, but hubby sure doesn't look as old as Marty. Holy mackerel.

Regarding a split vote, I thought about that, too! It's happened before in presidential elections and the Oscars, so why not here?

What did Red Panda do? Was she the lady who balanced cups while riding a unicycle? Sad to say, but I won't miss her. She was good, but there was no way she could really build on her act. As I recall, she just kept adding cups.

The last time an act had to drop out, they made a big deal about having America vote for a replacement act. I wonder why they didn't do that this time? And who took her place?
    a girl ballerina/gymnist took her place

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    I doubt sprice will make it. I think catapult will sam Johnson dangelo and Amanda and that singer.
    Well if he does something like this...

Disney in Dominoes - Sprice & DominoFan0803 - YouTube

he might make it. But you're right. I forgot about Catapult. That means Ruby and Jonas will not make it. Probably have to compete for the 4th spot against Sam Johnson for judges to vote and the judges will leave it to America (like last night) to decide who goes through.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 08-15-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Hopefully when Jimmy or Marty win, people will smarten up and not even bother auditioning for this show.

If only country singers auditioned then it would sure be a real competition. Losers.
    Voters aren't completely to blame. If Howie and Howie didn't want a country singer to go all the way, they shouldn't have put them in a position where they could. Now that it is out of their hands, they are trying to backtrack by making the negative comments that they are. I'm not sure if this is helping or hurting their cause. Only time will tell.

I don't think they will make this same mistake next season, because they know if they do, the whole show will tank. Personally, if I were one of those two guys, even if I won, I wouldn't get much satisfaction out of it after what had been said to me by the judges. Who wants to win when it's been hammered home that it's undeserved? No fun in that, even if it does mean cash in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Voters aren't completely to blame. If Howie and Howie didn't want a country singer to go all the way, they shouldn't have put them in a position where they could. Now that it is out of their hands, they are trying to backtrack by making the negative comments that they are. I'm not sure if this is helping or hurting their cause. Only time will tell.

I said the same thing back when Marty got voted through. The judges had two chances to stop this train wreck: at the auditions and in Vegas. Audition I can maybe understand, since you've got a screaming crowd at your back saying "yes". In the silence of that empty auditorium in Vegas, though, they should have put a screeching halt to it. Since they didn't, then they don't get any sympathy from me when they criticize Marty or JR.

I don't think they will make this same mistake next season, because they know if they do, the whole show will tank. Personally, if I were one of those two guys, even if I won, I wouldn't get much satisfaction out of it after what had been said to me by the judges. Who wants to win when it's been hammered home that it's undeserved? No fun in that, even if it does mean cash in the bank.

Depends on the person. Some people would take that as a challenge. There's a legend that a reporter once asked Liberace, "Does it upset you when the critics say your show is bad?" The maestro replied, "Each time I read critical press, I cry--all the way to the bank."
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes I agree with what is being said, but I can still blame the public for voting how they do. Nobody is making them.

At this point, I actually hope that production will manipulate the results. It might be the only way to turn this around.

Same thought has crossed my mind, too, JohnnyK.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post

Eh, I don't know that the show will tank as the show still does quite well in the ratings even after multiple abysmal singers have won. People vote for who/what they enjoy, but do not give a rat's behind about the winner after they are no longer on viewer's tvs week after week. No wonder the winners go nowhere.

I do wonder if it also has to do with the 1 million dollar "prize". That money is paid out over 40 years, which is only 25K per year. How is anyone is supposed to put together an album, nevermind a Vegas show with that pittance?

Anywho apparently the FORT has given up on this show. I saw a comedian named John Wing who I personally think is really funny but he was just OK tonight. His material is not family-friendly. He is a Canadian (like Howie) so I have seen him many times on Just For Laughs comedy festival. He's also been on The Tonight Show 6 times and still hasn't managed to get well-known, in America, at the least. Since I haven't really been paying much attention, I don't know if he has a good chance to go through or not.

Tom Cotter will also be performing Wednesday! YAY!!!!!!!

I did hear that 1 Direction will also be performing next week I think. Ratings will go through the roof! Their fans are just as obsessed as Justin Bieber's.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast