+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Finals (Sept 12-13) Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Finals (Sept 12-13) Discussion *SPOILERS*

I agree with Jade. The acts were so good and so different from each other, AGT could do a variety show in LV, rather than just using the winning act.

FORT Regular

I thought Tom Cotter felt "off" last night. He should have skipped the die-rolling gimmick and just gone with his best material. It was cute the first time he did it with Howie and making the Dittelman joke, but last night it felt contrived. If he loses it's because his material last night just wasn't as good as we've seen from him before. I have a number of friends that texted me saying "Wow, Tom was my favorite but not last night."

I think it'll be between William Close and Olate Dogs. Speaking of the dogs, they really need to reevaluate that trick with the three hurdles. I think I've seen it three times and the dog has failed to leap the third one each time. Make it two hurdles perhaps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think as others we the TV viewer don't "quite" see what they do on the show in regard to William Close with the earth harp. From what I can hear though I can see why they feel he's a million dollar act.
    I would gladly pay money to sit in the audience and listen to him. He's been my favorite act all along. I agree with Lurker that you probably can't really appreciate his act unless you're actually sitting under the wires and up close to the music. Didn't one of the judges even mention this?

It's also one of the few acts left that could actually incorporate some of the other acts into his main act if he so choose - Joe Castillo could do a sand art based on the emotions he feels in the music (or work with William to get a storyline done based on the music), Same with David Garabaldi and the CMYK dancers, the Untouchables (at least a few of them) could dance to a song, and even the Olate dogs could possible do a routine to a more gentle song if Close could make one.

That's what I said last week. Glad we agree!

To me it reads a program that could be similar to "Doctor Who at the Proms" from a couple of years ago.
    The first time you mentioned this, I thought you meant somebody's senior prom in high school. I was like, huh? But now I get it! You mean the British Proms, don't you? The series of classical music concerts that the BBC does every summer? When I lived in England I loved watching them!

Out of the six - it's the most versatile of the lot, which Close has shown time and time again.

But like I said - I'm going to be happy with any of them - even my least fave - winning BECAUSE we finally - after several years when Terry Fator won - will NOT have a singer win.

I like some acts more than others. Close is my favorite, but I have never gotten the Cotter love. I'm sorry, but I think his material just sounds tired. I thought that last week and even more this week. (See, you're not alone, Baby's Breath!) However, I won't mind seeing even him win, since they're all non-singers.

Jadewarlock said:

I didn't see the Untouchables advancing because of one little girl crying - they were VERY talented in that semis round and earned their spot. She may have gotten a few votes for them because of it (though it was at least HAPPY crying not sad based on her comments), but not all of them. To ME it was that they had surprise, talent and the like.
    Amen. They're one of my other favorite acts, and I think Tim's supporters are just whiners. These kids are phenomenally talented and absolutely deserve to be here.

Yes, the dances they have done can be seen as a bit "sexual" (Which is the bigger complaint I've read before costuming), but the dancers probably can also learn other styles for a show should they win.
    That's been my only hesitation about them.

Hockenberry advanced for story only - his singing was bad. Even Grimm sang better and most of us know I didn't like him winning over two true talents (one now I feel would've benefitted from winning - Poppycock). He sounded like he had accidentally inhaled photographic stop indirectly and irritated his throat slightly in semis (which I have and after the initial bullfrog voice a la "Little Rascals" Froggy you have that hoarseness).

He didn't deserve to win this season - there were other better singers over him to begin with.

Like so many things, growly-voiced male singers are becoming a cliche now. There's usually one who tries out for every singing reality show now.

Favorite line of the night: "I thought Nick looked like Obama." I LOL because I didn't get Nick's picture either!
    Last edited by Babbred; 09-13-2012 at 06:07 PM.
    Baby's Breath and JohnnyK like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Being the "glass is half empty" guy that I am, I can find reasons I don't want any of the six to win.

Close no longer impresses me that much, and his act is getting old. Castillo, I think, had possibly his weakest performance yet. Cotter is the last sob story left and I liked his semi better than last night, so I'm rooting against him as well. Garibaldi did well but he won't win because he can't keep the act going for too long, plus he placed in the judges' vote last week which means two of the finalists did better than him. Untouchables probably won't win because too many of the Jim Bockenterry fans are mad that they went through with the "sympathy vote". Olate Dogs winning would be a bit ridiculous, but they are better than the BGT dog winner. But I don't know.

Bring back the air sex guy and make him win.

I still like Close, but his act this week was just blah for me. Patriotic music in yet another act? Grrrrr. Totally ruined it for me, but I would still like for him to win based on his past performances.

I also think that Castillo stumbled a little bit. Humor aside, Howard was right. The beginning of the act was confusing this week. I didn't get whom Joe was sanding (?) until it was explained at the end.

Although Garibaldi is talented, I've seen other people doing the same thing, so it's not original to me. I also agree that it would be hard to sustain for an entire show.

Olate dogs also didn't do well this week, IMO. It looked they were just re-treading stuff from past weeks. There was nothing original or anything to make you go "Wow!" like last week.

I think The Untouchables actually have the best chance, since once again they knocked it out of the ballpark. They had an original act that was just amazing, and I thought they were the best last night.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

If the Untouchables win, that's okay.

FORT Fogey

If anyone is watching could you please post when someone goes? Thanks. I think the Untouchables or the sand painter will be the first eliminated.

Did the Audition All Stars happen already?

The Untouchables came in last! I thought they were going to win. I'm in shock. No clue who will win now, but I'd like it to be Close.

Wow. Castillo came in 5th. Again, I thought he'd do better than that.

The Untouchables are out in 6th place.

Looks like the Kim Lockenjerry worshippers came out with guns blazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast