+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Finals (Sept 12-13) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Finals (Sept 12-13) Discussion *SPOILERS*

I have to hand it to William, he really brought his A game to the finals.

1. William C
    2. David G
    3/4. Olate Dogs tied with Joe C
    5. Untouchables
    6. Tom Cotter
    Last edited by Baby's Breath; 09-12-2012 at 10:03 PM.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

What an impressive finale! I fully enjoyed tonight's show. I just can't decide who I want to win more, it's a toss up between William and Tom Cotter. If the Olate dogs win, I'd be happy too.

I don't think the Untouchables will win because they are kids. Garibaldi and Castillo just don't scream Vegas. I'd go see them if I was given free tickets but there would be more exciting things that I'd want to see if I was in Vegas.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

What I'm looking forward to the most tomorrow are the Audition All Stars.

FORT Newbie

If I had to pick and rank the top three based solely on performance last night...
    1. William Close
    2. Olathe Dogs
    3. Tom Cotter

Who I want to see win...
    1. Tom Cotter
    2. David Garibaldi
    3. Olathe Dogs

I would pay money to see Tom perform in Vegas. I don't see myself paying to watch a dog act or even William Close. I like watching the 90 seconds from William but I think I would get restless watching more than a few songs in a row.

I feel like the producers want it to be William or Olathe based on performing in the last two slots last night but we shall see.

FORT Fogey

1. Tom Cotter
    2. Olate Dogs

That is who I want to see.

Everyone did well last night. I have never liked the Untouchables so they are still on the bottom of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    1. Tom Cotter
    2. Olate Dogs

That is who I want to see.

Everyone did well last night. I have never liked the Untouchables so they are still on the bottom of my list.
    I agree, except with your 1 vs 2 order reversed. I love the Olate dogs! As I said to my husband last night, the Olate dogs and Tom Cotter make me smile/laugh, so my votes go to them. When the Earth Harp guy went, he said "that's a Vegas act" but I think I'd get a little bored watching that song after song.

I sense that there is more to William's performance than we can tell at home, so I would pay to see it in person. He's truly gifted. David & Friends are amazing; I could watch them all day. The dogs were fun, as usual, but I felt their performance was a little sloppier than usual and a little too "safe." It's not the thrill that I'd be looking for in Vegas, e.g. with tigers. Same with Joe's sand art, it was more caricature in nature, but I really, really like him! I'm just not into the Untouchables and Tom's jokes about children's bedtime sayings struck me as nothing more than old material. Sorry to all of you who love him - I just don't see it.

To the Point

I think the thing with William Close is that the shear magnitude has to be lost on a television audience. We can't feel the music and I am sure that is one thing that must happen in a live show.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I think Close and Cotter are the top two, but I'd rather Cotter win, simply because he's the only guy I've consistently not fast-forwarded through the entire series.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundmom View Post
    I agree, except with your 1 vs 2 order reversed. I love the Olate dogs! As I said to my husband last night, the Olate dogs and Tom Cotter make me smile/laugh, so my votes go to them. When the Earth Harp guy went, he said "that's a Vegas act" but I think I'd get a little bored watching that song after song.
    I think as others we the TV viewer don't "quite" see what they do on the show in regard to William Close with the earth harp. From what I can hear though I can see why they feel he's a million dollar act.

It's also one of the few acts left that could actually incorporate some of the other acts into his main act if he so choose - Joe Castillo could do a sand art based on the emotions he feels in the music (or work with William to get a storyline done based on the music), Same with David Garabaldi and the CMYK dancers, the Untouchables (at least a few of them) could dance to a song, and even the Olate dogs could possible do a routine to a more gentle song if Close could make one.

To me it reads a program that could be similar to "Doctor Who at the Proms" from a couple of years ago.

Out of the six - it's the most versatile of the lot, which Close has shown time and time again.

But like I said - I'm going to be happy with any of them - even my least fave - winning BECAUSE we finally - after several years when Terry Fator won - will NOT have a singer win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast