+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 July 2 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

America's Got Talent 7 July 2 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Discussion for tonight's show.

Ugh at the jerk audience booing the magicians so heavily. They weren't that bad imo.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 July 2 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

I guess you and me are the only ones not watching the Batchelorette. It seems Nick Cannon has been taking notes from Brooke Burke over at DWTS - "How does it feel......"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Daaammnn... I feel bad for Michael Nejad. Well I guess that at least the best memory he'll be leaving will be his Vegas Week performance, which I did think was good.

Scott Brothers, by the way, amazing like I was hoping they'd be. <3
    J.D. and BuckeyeAddict like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Daaammnn... I feel bad for Michael Nejad. Well I guess that at least the best memory he'll be leaving will be his Vegas Week performance, which I did think was good.

Scott Brothers, by the way, amazing like I was hoping they'd be. <3
    The Scott Brothers were amazing! I really hope they go through. I also liked the Father/Daughter singing act very much. The 787 Crew seem like very hard-working young men, but all the pounding music and lights flashing were really distracting. Sometimes, I think the dancing without all the bells and whistles is far more powerful and entertaining.
    J.D. likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Which 4 will move on?

David Garibaldi & His CMYKs
    Scott Brothers
    Lil Starr
    Shanice & Maurice Hays

Judges choice:
    Edon

Scott Brothers for sure and the last act.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I feel like I saw flashes of the Howard Stern that I was afraid would be there. I haven't watched regularly this year because I'm not a fan of his, but had been surprised up until last night that he had been been much more "normal" than I expected. Last night, his comments to some of the contestants were more harsh than they needed to be, and his egotistical need to take the attention away from the other judges was evident.

Darn. I was open to learning that he wasn't as obnoxious as I thought he was. Apparently, my initial thoughts were right.
    spockwhat and BuckeyeAddict like this.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I not sure what's going on. I heard Shanice hit some TERRIBLE flat and off key notes in that song at least twice! And Sharon thought it sounded perfect? And the flat notes were on some pretty big notes, so I thought it was hard to miss. This was the first I've heard them and I really didn't like them much at all.

Scott Brothers. I really liked their act. They should try a dose of modesty though, I'm not sure they should say stuff like america loves us, or whatever.

I'd like to see Little Starr, the CMYK's and 787 advance for sure. Judges favorite will probably be one of these three, and the other act I think may advance is Distinguished Men of Brass (though I think they may end up getting a good deal long term regardless). My favorite for the fourth would be Michael Nejad if nothing else to PO Howard.

I think less is more in regard to the dancers - because the 787's dance was good without all the flash and lights.

Yeah the vacuum cleaner was a bit odd, but to me it sounded no different than say an oboe or other woodwind instrument.

I agree with assessments on Howard - while he may have wanted to be truthful - you do NOT tell someone whom you are not a fan of or would prefer they NOT advance that they WON'T advance. This is one reason why the fellow who won Prince Poppycock's and Jackie Evancho's season won - they said these two were better than the singer who won and that he wouldn't win.

(BTW - just to tell the judges if they or any NBC minions read this: Don't think these flop acts are there just as a "Gong Show" filler. The crazy magician with the cat actually does have an ad running on TV that is for a large phone company).

I didn't like Nicks hair.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast