+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent Auditions 5/14 ***Spoilers***

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent Auditions 5/14 ***Spoilers***

Oh and also, I thought the bird lady should have made it. I actually liked her.
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Simply Sergio annoyed and confused me.

The Earth Harp was pretty cool. I didn't see the last act yet.

As for Howard so far, I think he's okay. The multiple death jokes though were not good.
    The bird lady was odd, but a better singer than Sergio. He did better with the opera on God Bless America, but he wasn't that great. And he bombed his first number. Very nice guy, but he won't last, if he makes it through to the audience voting rounds. I liked seeing Nick dancing with Sergio's wife, though. I love how Nick puts himself out there with the show and gets involved, but doesn't overdo it. I liked the last act, the other father/daughter duo. So far, both those acts, the light group, and the dance troupe are my favorites. It was a pretty good first show. Too many bad acts shown for my liking, but I thought Howard did well in his debut. I did think the death jokes crossed the line, but other than that, I think he did a decent job of getting jabs out and then turning it back on himself (like the magician/stripper and the small package joke). That guy didn't look amused But he was terrible.

JunkieGirl, I also love the chemistry between the judges. I didn't mind Piers, but sometimes I felt like they were turning him into a poor man's Simon Cowell. He didn't seem to be enjoying himself last season so I had a feeling he was going. I'm still on the fence with Howie, but he wasn't as annoying (yet) as I usually find him. I like that Howard was to the point and polite with some of the acts. He seemed to be all business, which is what I heard he was like. I think he'll work out well. Nice seeing Ozzy there, too.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Best thing I can say about the show is that Howard isn't a complete a$$. Howie, on the other hand, irritates me no end.
    karalott and AlwaysVeg like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I actually like Howard on this. The first father/daughter act are already famous. They even have a car commercial out. I adore them!

I love Nick. He's funny, kind and such a sweetheart. I noticed that all the kids run right to him and hug him. Says a lot about a person when all the tots love him.
    karalott likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post

JunkieGirl, I also love the chemistry between the judges. I didn't mind Piers, but sometimes I felt like they were turning him into a poor man's Simon Cowell. He didn't seem to be enjoying himself last season so I had a feeling he was going. I'm still on the fence with Howie, but he wasn't as annoying (yet) as I usually find him. I like that Howard was to the point and polite with some of the acts. He seemed to be all business, which is what I heard he was like. I think he'll work out well. Nice seeing Ozzy there, too.
    Exactly, kara! That's why I called him a wet blanket. He was basically phoning it in last season, did not seem to be enjoying himself. Piers is kind of a pompous a$$, between him and Cowell I don't know who's ego is bigger. He comes across as such a snob and that he's above all of the nonsense going on, up there on stage. Yet, I do enjoy Piers on his CNN show. He laughs a lot on there which comes across as genuine. Better format for him.

I didn't like Nick Cannon the first season he was on, I guess due to his association with Mariah Carey. But I've come to adore the big lug. He's great with people, willing to make fun of himself on stage. That number he did last night was hilarious! He's a total sweetheart, seeing him talk to the baby of those weird parents~~ awwww!
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Exactly, kara! That's why I called him a wet blanket. He was basically phoning it in last season, did not seem to be enjoying himself. Piers is kind of a pompous a$$, between him and Cowell I don't know who's ego is bigger. He comes across as such a snob and that he's above all of the nonsense going on, up there on stage. Yet, I do enjoy Piers on his CNN show. He laughs a lot on there which comes across as genuine. Better format for him.

I didn't like Nick Cannon the first season he was on, I guess due to his association with Mariah Carey. But I've come to adore the big lug. He's great with people, willing to make fun of himself on stage. That number he did last night was hilarious! He's a total sweetheart, seeing him talk to the baby of those weird parents~~ awwww!
    Believe it or not, the panel that I loved the most was Piers/Sharon/David Hasselhoff. I enjoyed David on here and thought those 3 were terrific together. Once Howie joined, I saw a change. I think Howie tries to be it all, and I hate his excuses for letting the pity acts through-saying he's been there, he knows what it feels like to be struggling, give them a chance, but passing on acts with real potential. He's kind of a drag, and not as funny as he seems. I didn't care much for Nick, either, in the beginning. It had nothing to do with Mariah, but I just didn't dig him, and also thought he tried too hard to be something he wasn't. AGT was a popular show with little competition in the summer, so it was great exposure. I remembered him vaguely from Nick shows I watched in the 90s. But I really warmed up to him the last two years. I loved how he refused to give his wedding ring to the first act last night (smart choice), and how he came out rapping with the one guy, and dancing with Sergio's wife. He's like Tom Bergeron-lite for me. And I love his comments and facial expressions at the side of the stage. AGT should serve a point to other reality shows that you can change the judging panel and hosts and the show will still survive just fine.

I've watched Piers new show on and off and he seems more in his element there. He was fine at first on here, and I thought he was sort of a nicer Simon Cowell. But he likely knew he was done last season and didn't care. He and Howie didn't seem to mesh well, either.

Guess we'll just use this thread for night 2 as well (San Francisco auditions up first).

First guy is an artist with dancers (can't remember what he called themselves). That was pretty good. I hope we see more good acts tonight.

That was very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    That was very cool.
    It beats the painter Howie and Piers put through last season, I think. The pretty girl in the devil costume that just painted. That was at least interesting and, like Sharon said, different and what she wanted from speed painters.

This guy, Mr. Special, is a little on the looney side. I guess the costume speaks volumes

Howard: "she's married to Ozzy Osbourne and she's confused"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast