+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBC wins Thursday with "Talent"

NBC wins Thursday with "Talent"

11.7 million viewers! None of them post here, though.
    Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:39 PM ET

By Paul J. Gough

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - "America's Got Talent" finished its summer run with a narrow win in the key demographic on Thursday while "Primetime" coverage of the JonBenet Ramsey case gave the ABC newsmagazine a boost.

"America's Got Talent" averaged 11.7 million viewers and a 3.5 rating/10 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary data released Friday by Nielsen Media Research. It was its highest rating for a Thursday all summer, when its results show had to compete against the summer's top show in the demo, Fox's "So You Think You Can Dance."

But despite the 9-10 p.m. boost, "Talent" was NBC's only bright spot for the night. Repeats of sitcoms "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" failed to perform well at 8 p.m., and the drama "Windfall" (5.7 million, 2/2/6) wasn't able to capitalize on the "Talent" lead-in.
    For full article, read here: http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...RATINGS-DC.XML
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Reply to SnowflakeGirl

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    11.7 million viewers! None of them post here, though.

For full article, read here: http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...RATINGS-DC.XML
    Interesting, no one that I've talked to has admitted to seeing let alone liking the show.
    Amadeus

Several members of my family watch it. Some of them even in different demographic categories and regional markets!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

No one I know watched it - but several watched So You Think You Can Dance. But then it did a little better than AGT.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Well, it did better in terms of the demographic, but not the numbers.

AGT's success in numbers stuns me, because no one really talks about watching it (unless you count the 5 year old girl I saw at the store yesterday who yelled "Don't hassle the Hoff!").

I wonder if it could be the most unpopular popular show ever?

I am not ashamed . I watched it. I liked it. My kids liked it. My husband tolerated it.
    It was fun summer filler but, like Dancing With the (Demi)Stars, once was enough for me.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I liked the show a lot, I didn't post mostly because nobody else was posting
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread