+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Host - Regis Philbin

Host - Regis Philbin

Regis Philbin's vast and varied career in television virtually matches the medium's history. After a career in local news, he first gained national attention as sidekick to host Joey Bishop's late-night "The Joey Bishop Show" before moving on to become a popular fixture in Los Angeles with his own morning talk show, "AM Los Angeles." Philbin eventually moved the show to New York and also became executive producer where it became a national daily syndicated hit as "Live with Regis & Kathie Lee" and currently as "Live with Regis & Kelly" with host Kelly Ripa.

In 1999, Philbin hosted the hottest show on television with "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," an hour-long primetime game show that was telecast several times a week.

Along the way, Philbin endeared himself to American audiences by hosting many specials and holiday events, including "New Year's Rockin' Eve 2005," "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" and "Christmas in Rockefeller Center," among others. He also is a regular fixture as a guest on the "Late Show with David Letterman" and NBC's "Tonight Show with Jay Leno," among many other talk shows.

Philbin has guest starred in such series as "Becker," "Mad About You," "Hope & Faith," "Less Than Perfect," "Spin City," "Caroline in the City" and "Seinfeld." Among his film credits, Philbin will voice one of the characters in the upcoming "Shrek the Third" animated feature due in 2007.

Philbin won an Emmy each as host of "Live with Regis" and for "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire."

I don't mind Regis in small quantities. He's so good at what he does, like him or not. He's an American standard now. But I think he should slow it down and maybe just continue with his morning show and some specials. I don't want to watch him every week on a primetime show. He's almost predictable in his manner and tone and all. Not who I would call the most exciting host they could have chosen. But certainly dependable and guaranteed not to have a wardrobe malfunction.

Sometimes he's like dry toast. And I'd rather see some "fresh" "buns"
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Regular

Regis

I like Regis on his morning show with Kelly, but as you say he is predictable. But I love to check out his wardrobe, he always looks so put together I wonder if his wife picks out his clothes and matching ties.

+ Reply to Thread