+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'America's Got Talent' Premieres June 21 On NBC

I think they are just finding some way to compete with the success of American Idol on FOX. Im not sure if this show will be successful or not, but I will be watching to see. I dont like the idea of judging on just any talent.
    You betta stop interruptin my prayers before the Lord directs me to whoop yo ass!
    -Flavor of Love 2

MTV Reality Blog

FORT Fogey
    Yep, lost me on Regis too, never mind David Hasslehoff. I would rather have the judges experts in different talent fields and an unknown host. Ryan and Jeff turned out to be fabulous at what they do. Give someone younger a try for cryin' out loud.

FORT Fogey
    I predict a HUGE flop with this one.

Agreed. Altho NBC seems to think this will be a Summer ratings bonanza as it has it on its Spring 2007 schedule.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I'm getting a Gong Show kind of feel about this, which could be a good thing.
    I think so too. I might tape this, since there's not much else on; you never know!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well, I just noticed that this is going to be shown up here in Caner'dah, so that must be a sign that it's not going to be that great!

It looks pretty much like a total copy of the Gong Show. I don't like the XXX by the judges either. Reminds me that if you really bomb, you're then X-rated - HA HA HA joke. I think someone at NBC must like buzzers! They'll probably have the odd act that is actually good, surrounded by a whole lot of silly people. However, people do like to laugh at other people. If it doesn't get really mean-spirited, then it may be ok.

It's a good summer fluff show which doesn't require a lot of brain power. And Lord knows, we have a lot of tv viewers with those qualifications!

Anyway, who needs a serious summer?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I don't know, I'm kind of looking forward to this show. It seems interesting enough, and it'll be neat to see all the different kinds of "talent" that people have. I'll be watching, as long as it doesn't conflict with my Big Brother!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12