8-16-2006 Who should win – Purely My Opinion. What’s yours? C’mon, don’t be shy!
Amongst the filler, fluff and commercials there was some show. Finally, when you omit the repetitive acts and bad acts, there was a good five to ten minutes of entertainment.
I had a harder time rating the acts than usual. This is not the order that I would have expected.
1. Taylor Ware – Yodel Girl!!! Anyone who has read my posts knows that Taylor is my favorite. OK…I’m a sucker for adorable and talented. And it’s so nice to see a girl act sweet and charming and not tough and “cool”. Furthermore, in today’s world, she has a unique talent. If I had been asked how I felt about yodeling before Taylor, my response would have been. “Huh? Yodeling? Uh,…I saw the Sound of Music.” But she truly makes me enjoy it. I’m glad she’s starting to show her singing more too. She can sing and I think she can grow her career into a singer. I like her singing much better than Bianca’s screaming and screeching. She can totally belt out a song and be pleasant at the same time. She is alive and sweet and talented. :D :yay
2. Passing Zone – Jugglers/Comedians – Their act was snappy and fun. I’ve liked them all along but they were even better than I expected. Forcing Hasselhoff into the mix was fun. Everyone loves an uncomfortable situation. I loved the “dropping” of the sickle to increase the tension. They are funny too. “Are you nervous?..Yeah…Actually, I wasn’t talking to you.” Their act really sucked me in…I ranked them higher than I thought that I would. I loved the get up and they torches and “risking” the Hoff’s life. I think they have a career too. They also switch up and have a unique twist every time. Chainsaw juggling is always fun…As is making fun of quick change. They’re spontaneously funny too.:up
3. Realis – Gymnastic Dancers –At first I though that they are very good but I’m not so sure that it’s a marketable act. OK, that was pretty amazing. Yeah, I’d pay to see that. I agree with Piers about the music but that is a minor detail in their act.
4. Celtic Spring – Irish Dancers/Muscians –They can totally out tap and out dance All That and they play music to boot. However, that was not their best and they weren’t the best. I think they are talented but they are not the best cloggers or Irish folk musicians that I’ve seen. I think they might be on their way though.
5. At Last – A Cappella singing group – They were very good. They had a good song selection with “Killing Me Softly”. Their harmonies were great. I liked the drums and enlarging the act. I can see them really having an album and concert tour. Win or not, they will have a successful career.
6. All That – They really stepped it up this time. I thought they were much better than before. They were better but still not the best of the genre that I’ve seen. To win, they should be the best of the best of what they do.
7. Spazmonica and his Brother - The Miller Brothers – Musical Duet– First of all, I can’t stand the kid. It’s like watching Joe Cocker without the musical talent or dashing good looks. (I know I already used that line but it still holds true.) I call them a musical duet because the brother can play and sings OK… Well, actually, no, not really. Anyway, the little brother aka Spazmonica is so annoying that it ruins all semblance of being music. I will say that this time I did actually see him carry a tune here and there before he spazzed off. Another thing it is the same act every time. They are a mediocre cover band with some additional spazzing.
8. Quick Change – True it is the same act as always but what an act. However, it gets old after a few times. I think that they can make it in Vegas and touring but they probably won’t get many repeat customers. Would I pay to see them? No, seen it; done that; been there. Also, this time I did see the purple dress drop down with the curtain. I think that the outfits are connected to the curtains. I like the act but they don’t rank at the top. Their arrogance is a bit annoying too.
9. Bianca Ryan – I’m pretty sure that I’m way off base with most people’s ranking of her but as I said, it’s purely my opinion. To be fair, I really don’t like that type of wailing and screaming in lieu of singing. She started boring and developed into annoying. I do think she can sing and belt out a song. However, there have been so few people that can belt out a song without being annoying. She isn’t one of them. Furthermore, I also just don’t like seeing little girls playing grown up. She’s emulating adults without having the experience for the emotion and it comes across false. If it was a loudness and wailing contest; she’d win. Even though she can sing, I think she’s awful.:whip
10. Rappin’ Granny – Ugh!!! Why are people so afraid to say she sucks…She takes an ugly yet boring genre to new heights of uselessness. She isn’t worth a million pre-WWII Deutsch Marks. (For those of you that don’t know…In 1923, at the most fevered moment of the German hyperinflation, the exchange rate between the dollar and the Mark was one trillion Marks to one dollar, ....) Would I rather listen to Rappin’ Granny or have my underpants full of fire ants…Hmmmm.:monkeybum