I’m really disappointed with the acts tonight. This was the worst lot of performers so far. Rating the first six acts was very difficult to rate because I didn’t like any of them. It was a bit like choosing your favorite dental procedure.
None of them beat All That or Yodel Girl (Taylor Ware).
1. Nathan Burton – Magician. That was cool. The presentation was eye candy and the performance was good.
2. Bianca Ryan – 11 y.o. singer. The song was too old for her but she can sing. Still, I didn’t enjoy it that much. Piers advice was right on the money.
3. Treynight Stiltworld (SP?)– Stilted performance artists/dancers - interestingly weird at first sight. Definitely different. When the girl took a nosedive I cringed. Cool idea but needs refinement. Even with the errors (nosedive) and some level of imperfection it was still interesting. Most of the acts were terrible, boring and/or mundane.
4. 1013 Concept – Halfway decent garage band. If I was at a kegger, I could listen to them but I certainly won’t remember the song later tonight and I wouldn’t buy a CD. And finally, no, it isn’t catchy…except maybe like the flu.
5. Elliot Zimmet – Hip-hop Magician. I thought it was pretty good but not fantastic. I’ve seen much better magic acts. But I like his style and energy and I think in the future he has a chance. He was much better the first time. It would have been more interesting if he’d‘ve pulled a bird out of the girl’s bra.
6. Team Acrodunk – Dunkers with trampolines. I’m not impressed. Are they the new Harlem Globetrotters-NO. Impressive – NO. Interesting – maybe a little but not really. Have they practiced – Of course, but it’s pretty much the same every time. To me it’s a talent like tidily-wink – who cares?
7. Kenny Shelton – Juggler. OK, let’s see if he can do it this time…He has poor showmanship and he’s hard to deal with but he was much better this time. Even though the act was OK, he’s just hard to like. He was actually pretty good but really needs to work on his stage presence. Finally, his lack of confidence lowers his appeal.
8. Sonya Lee - Electric Violinist. She sounds extremely squeaky and squawky. Absolutely awful. I love Carmina Burana and that was the worst rendition of it I ever heard. It was fingernails on a chalkboard. I think she does have the ability to play mellifluously but that wasn’t it.
9. Caitlyn Taylor Love – 12 y.o. singer. Boring song. She sings a bit nasally and whiny. She thinks too much of herself for someone who can’t carry a tune.
10,000. Rappin’ Granny – Omigod! Ugh! I hate rap and this is the worst of the worst. Ugly performance…I don’t mean her looks, I mean her act. NOT A TALENT. Rhyming and sounding nasty is not a talent. Obviously I'm out of sync with the judges.