+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/6 Premiere Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: 6/6 Premiere Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

What bothers me, that there are actual people taking the MONEY from these "inventors" in order to get these ridiculous, stupid ideas put together.

The one women in Fresno, California SPENT $11,000.00 and ONE YEAR creating a piece of paper for children to pee on. :nono
    WHO is taking her money and helping her patent this?!?!

That's what bothers me about this show. I feel so awful for these hopefuls. At times they're spending their retirement money, quitting jobs, dedicating YEARS to this invention, etc.
    So.much.money is being sponged off of these "inventors", it's criminal.

Then I have to feel worse for these people when they show the whole damn family there, supporting the idea and devistated when it's shot down. If only someone could have been honest (neighbor, friend, relative, co-worker) and said, "Yeah, I really don't see this flying at.all".. maybe they could have saved the $$, heartache, time, effort, sleep, etc..

It's hard to watch SO MANY people being blinded by the idea that their product is sooooo needed, that their lives have been hinging on it's success. Then we see the product and it's nothing more than a piece of paper to pee on. What the...?!?!?! Can't SOMEONE interrupt this and be honest with her?!

I'm just using her as an example, not that her's was the only wacked out waste of time.
    Last edited by Maveno; 06-07-2007 at 03:19 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2433099;
    The one women in Fresno, California SPENT $11,000.00 and ONE YEAR creating a piece of paper for children to pee on.
    You know, I could swear something like that already exists on the market. Not a piece of paper, but I have a vague memory of reading something about these dissolvable bricks that turn colour when they're peed on.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic

I still wish I could buy that thing from last season: the clip for public restroom doors that fit on a packet of tissues.

Someone really ought to market those.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2433139;
    You know, I could swear something like that already exists on the market. Not a piece of paper, but I have a vague memory of reading something about these dissolvable bricks that turn colour when they're peed on.
    See now, that sounds a little better. They can watch it color the bowl as it dissolves, then flushy flush, bye bye.
    But with this paper idea, kids love having their artwork displayed......I can just imagine the yellowy-stained grossness taped to the fridge.
    wait, I actually mean
    Last edited by Maveno; 06-07-2007 at 06:36 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'm of two minds about the Guardian Angel. It's a great idea, but I am not convinced that he can get it to work. It would be nice to give him some money to work on it. I am not sure that in its present state that it qualifies as an invention. It's just a sketch on the paper. Even if he did not have the funds to create a prototype he could have come up with more detailed schematics. I also feel that appearing in his firefighters and showing the video was manipulative and exploitive. Yet, he still deserved to go through because of the Guardian Angel's potential to save lives. It was good to something that actually had a purpose. Most of the rest of the ideas had me squirming. How could these people not be embarrassed?
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

FORT Fogey

I am happy to see that they have dispensed with the sob story aspect.

The woman who spent $11,000 on her pee picture could probably afford it. She, most likely, went to a business that was able to hook her up with pigments that turned color when the PH was altered. From there she worked with another vendor who impregnated her design in paper and so forth.

These individual inventors create their product in steps and since no one has yet to get a patent I think it is safe to say they are not the vicitims of predators. Now their friends are a different story.

My husband heads a company that makes spray nozzles. If someone wanted to contract for them to make a specific nozzle they would do it. It would not be their responsibility to judge its use. You honor the customers wish.

I think there are toilet games that exist, too, AJane.

I do think the fireman has a marketable idea. Logic tells you that sensible people are aware when their trees dry out and proceed with caution however they cause deaths every year. Some people buy cleaning products that are unnecessary, OTC meds that are useless and on it goes. The game is, will it sell, not if it is really all that necessary.

There are infomercials that sell millions of something that vanish after the market is saturated. People make a fortune on stuff that makes its way to the land fill after the novelity wears off.

HES
    FORT Newbie

Does anyone remember the name of the fireman who invented the Christmas package that would prevent a Christmas tree fire from spreading and where he is from? My husband has an idea for his invention to take it to the next step and would really like to talk to him. Thanks.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HES;2434444;
    Does anyone remember the name of the fireman who invented the Christmas package that would prevent a Christmas tree fire from spreading and where he is from? My husband has an idea for his invention to take it to the next step and would really like to talk to him. Thanks.
    Sorry- I don't remember, but maybe someone has it on DVR still and can tell you. I love the idea and have been thinking a lot about how to make it work. I hope he can as well. One thing I hope about this show is that even if the judges don't like it, some other investors will and they can still be successful. There are some really great ideas out there.

Quote Originally Posted by HES;2434444;
    His name is Greg Chavez. Not sure about his hometown, but his audition was in California, so I assume he's from that area.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

There seems to already by a "Guardian Angel" patented.

Fire extinguishing system for a christmas tree - US Patent 5031702

There's even a picture of a design that features an angel atop the tree.
    What?! Am I still here?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast