+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Bike Guy gets a goodbye and a pat on the @ss on the way out.

Football Catch Guy gets free help from Jerry Rice (and probably advertising).

Word Ace Guy gets a "contract" with Hasbro. Who I suppose will own it now. Hopefully Word Ace guy will come out of it with enough money to not mind "losing" ownership of it.

EvenFlow Corp. (car seat designers) comes out to talk to Yanoush. So he gets $1m and their help. I certainly HAVE to think they expect the first right to buy the thing off of Yanoush.

I will say that it's unlikely that Yanoush will get paid more for his invention than Word Ace Guy does, so it's a good thing Yanoush gets $1m extra. The word game will make more money, even though the Car Seat is probably better for humanity and such.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm so glad that we got to see the companies step up to help the inventors (even if their motives are not altogether altruistic!). It seems odd that the others had actual companies but Eric had only Jerry Rice. I would think that some football equip. company would want this thing.

It didn't feel at all like the losers were losers with the extra help they will be getting.

Hope they revamp this show for next season though. We could do with a lot less recapping and much more new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    Hope they revamp this show for next season though. We could do with a lot less recapping and much more new stuff.

And a lot less schmaltz and exaggerated drama. Pullease! What's with the heavy pauses. Who's the producer on this show? How insulting to us as an audience.

This show could have been so much better if they had made it a point to respect the audience's intelligence instead of all the groveling for sympathy.
    What?! Am I still here?

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    So who thinks "We'd like you to use our research facility." is just another way of saying, "We'd like to steal your invention."? Does everyone on the show already have a patent for their inventions?
    I took it more to mean "we're using this opportunity for free advertising but we're not going to commit to your invention because we don't really believe in it."
    What?! Am I still here?

Interesting... I just read this on the site of the woman who invented the toilet stall stopper:

I am under contract with ABC and they have an option to license it for the next year. If they choose not to do so or release me from that option, perhaps something can be negotiated.
    I wonder how many other contestants are restricted from profiting from their invention, or is it's just the top 12.

source: http://www.restroomsurvivalkit.com/faq.htm

They're going to have to really improve this show next season. It was bad enough with the highly repetitive montages but then the car seat wins? 9 months from now (or whenever) and the seat is a flop it's going to hurt the show's reputation.

With Aras winning Survivor and Kat/Taylor winning American Idol and now this car seat guy this is turning out to be the season of very lame wins for reality shows. At least the hippies won Amazing Race!

Because the baby car seat had not been tested, I wanted the Word Ace to win. I just liked the guys spirit.

Yanoush must have a decent career cause cost of living in Los Gatos is very very high. One of the highest in California. I do believe his primary concern is to save lives and I wish him well with the car seat and hopefully it will save many lives.
    Last edited by Vonna; 05-25-2006 at 03:03 PM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123