+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    So far I like the word game commercial the best.
    I agree. It was the most professionally done IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Does "every American home" want to buy Word Ace?

We can't tell. Let's take a tiny sample. How many of US want to?

I'm one vote against. I don't hate it, I just don't have any desire to buy one. I'm sure I can find lots of word games on line for free, and I don't need a party game or have kids to let use it.
    If I had to buy one of these products, that would be it. I don't have any babies to put in a car-seat, I don't play football, and I prefer to ride my bike alone. But jeez, you should see my spare room. It's already full of toys and games. I really don't need another one.

In the end, I suppose I'll be cheering for the car seat. The others are sports/leisure oriented, but the car seat is actually important.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Okay, I don't think a crashed car with a baby inside is a good idea for a commercial.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Yanoush SHOULD have gone with his own idea. Those commercial ideas SUCKED. Was this the world's worst ad agency used on this show? The commercial ideas have consistently been crap.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Okay, I don't think a crashed car with a baby inside is a good idea for a commercial.
    It's the whole point of the invention. If you don't show that kind of imagery, it's pointless. As Doug implied, you are supposed to feel uncomfortable and then relieved.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Does "every American home" want to buy Word Ace?.
    I'm a strong supporter of anything that will improve literacy and make learning fun, particularly in disadvantaged communities. Products such as the "Word Ace" are GREATLY needed in many places.

So, are y'all voting? You only have till midnight.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Lovely overdone emotional appeals from the first two (Bike Boy and Football Catch Guy) which have to do more with who they are versus what they made.

At least the last two (Word Guy and Baby Safety Guy) were kind of, sort of, about the inventions. Sort of.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It's the whole point of the invention. If you don't show that kind of imagery, it's pointless. As Doug implied, you are supposed to feel uncomfortable and then relieved.
    True. The commercial was done well, I just had some ugly images pop into my head when he first said that's what he wanted to do, I guess. I don't care for those car ads out now that show the graphic crashes, either (is that VW?).

Phone lines are open!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

OMG I forgot it was on tonight! No more show after this??

the guy with the fooltball vest really got shafted with his commercial.....it didn't showcase his vest at all.....

I don't think the bike showed well on that commercial either,.

The word game and car seat show the best........but my favorite is the word game, the car seat still has too much engineering and testing to be alloted one million dollars....

a million dollars seems like a lot of money compared to other realitiy shows where people have to put up with all kinds of difficulities and hardships....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast